Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to wish every one a happy and safe Thanksgiving Day early! I hope you all enjoy it, and over stuff your self like I plan on doing. :) Also don't forget to give all the dobes a litttle peice of turkey or ham, or what ever kind of meat you will be having from me please? :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! And everyone else!! So what's everyone's plans? My husband and I are going to have dinner with my family and visit his later in the day (not late enough for me though!) Of course Lexus is going! She loves to play with her (real) mom there!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everyone on my husbands side of the family told my Mother In Law that they are coming here for Thanksgiving. So I got a call the other night from my MIL, she said everyone is coming over here. So that means I am going to be making dinner I guess.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone , I'm having dinner at my family and making 2 dishes to take . I plan to stuff myself. Gunner didn't win and was a little bit over whelmed at his show but didn't misbehave. he did better on Sunday. I wasn't disappointed. Good luck in Michigan blackdog. And congrats on the win Saturday.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving from me & my girls. We're staying home this year, but my wife's family always drops by sometime during the evening for dessert. They have Dobes, too, and usually bring them, so it's a madhouse for a couple of hours if it's raining or muddy outside and all the dogs are in. But I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Happy Thankgiving to all of my friends at Dobermantalk also.. and here are a couple of recipes for your doggie..:eatchicke

The-Day-After Turkey Omelet
1 egg
1-2 tbsp. mashed potatoes
1/2 cup diced cooked turkey meat
1/2 cup cooked vegetables, chopped
1/4 cup desired cheese, grated

Heat a medium-sized pan with a small amount of olive oil. Whisk together the egg and potatoes. Spread in pan. Place turkey and veggies on top in even layers. Cover; simmer until egg cooks and the mixture is warm. Sprinkle cheese on top, then cook a few more minutes until cheese is melted and egg is golden brown. Let cool. Cut into wedges. Store in refrigerator.

1 loaf uncooked bread dough or pizza dough
1/4 cup turkey broth
1-2 tsp. flour
3/4 cup cooked turkey, cut up small
1/2 cup cooked vegetables
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 grated cheese
1/4 cup sesame seeds

Roll out the dough and cut into 3 inches circles with cookie cutter. In a saucepan, combine the broth and flour, stirring until flour is dissolved and mixture thickens. Add the turkey, veggies, and garlic powder. Cook until mixture is heated through. Let cook a bit.
Spoon one to two teaspoonfuls of the turkey mixture onto each circle. Fold up the sides and pinch shut. Roll into a ball shape. Mix the cheese and sesame seeds in a small bowl. Roll or sprinkle each ball with the mixture. Arrange the balls on a cookies sheet. Cook in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, until they are golden brown. Let cool. Store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts