Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because Diesel is a rescue dog and we don't know his birthday we celebrate his 'gotcha' day instead; the anniversary of the day we brought him home. Today is Diesel's first gotcha day. I can't believe how fast time has gone. We didn't plan Diesel at all, we were transporting him for Dobermann Rescue. He was meant to be going to the Dobermann Rescue kennels who were taking him in because his previous owners were going to have him put down as he was no longer needed as a guard dog on their scrapyard. However we fell in love with him and we took him home instead!! He was underweight and very frightened, he didn't know what his bed was for and lay next to it :sadcry:
He has changed so much since then and we are so proud of our little boy. He got his bronze CGC on Wednesday, won the training clubs obedience progress trophy in October and most importantly become Abbie's bestest buddy in the whole world!!
Happy Gotcha Day Diesel, we love you loads.

Here he is with his CGC

And with his trophy

and waiting for his gotcha day cake

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Awww, thanks for sharing his story. That is so sad that they were going to have him put down. Glad that he is in a good home now.

Happy "Gotcha" Day Diesel!!!! (and what a neat idea)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Go Diesel! You're movin' on up, son! I predict by this time next year, he will have taken over completely! Happy Gotcha Day...

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Happy "gotcha day" to my mate Diesel, and from his other girlfriend little miss Mischa.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Congrats. to Diesel and Happy Gotcha day to such a cute boy..love the pictures!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
HAHA awww! I love the cake!!! lol looks so yummy haha. Congrats on your Gotcha day!!!! :) thats a good idea I need to check when we got Coco and make it his Gotcha day...I can't just seem to pick a date for his birthday lol.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day! What a sweet face!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts