Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a nice red boy at the CHS. I've contacted Deb Romans and Susan Hughes in case the CHS will let him go into rescue. In the past, at times, they have not.

Reference Number: A16327180 Name: Duce

Sex: Neutered Male
Species: Dog
Breed: Doberman Pinscher
Color: Red & Brown
Notes: Well hello! My name is Duce and I am on the lookout for a new home! I am a special dog so I am looking for very special owners! I need people who thoroughly know my breed so that there are no surprises when I get home! I would do best in a home with adults or mature, older children as the little humans are a little strange to me! I need to learn manners still as I can be a little rough! I also would like a home with no small animals as I sometimes get them confused with my play toys. That’s no fun for anyone! I hope I can find my special home soon! Love, Duce! Woof!

See his picture here.

https://www.calgaryhumane.ca/sslpage.aspx?pid=291

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh he's beautiful! Too bad I live in a rental (no pets, have kids, and live on the complete East coast of Canada!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where was this guy a month ago? I can't handle two Dobermans, but if I hadn't bought Atlas, I would have picked this guy up. I live fairly local to Calgary (within a 3 hour drive) and would have loved to give him a home.

·
Steph & Leala
78 Posts
Oh so beautiful! Two Dobes is too much for me. But I am in Calgary if they need help re-homing or transporting him etc. Or I can chat with whoever wants to adopt him about what dobes are like :) pm me if you need any help.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a lengthy discussion with Deb Romans today.

I'll be posting more in the future, but she has had two rescue boys for over 1.5 years, one just went to a home but she still has another. All on top of her own dogs, having puppies etc. And also the Kaiser dog mentioned in this group.

She is an amazing rescuer but she can't do it without help. We can all help in various ways, but what she needs right now is for these dogs to have places to go, after they are rescued.

I don't know if perhaps the word doesn't get out enough, and I can try to help with that on this group. It's so hard with the boys, the poor boys...

Please send potential adopters to her also and not just another dog to rescue. (Message to self...)

She is going to send me a blurb about the boy and I'll post it.

With regards to Duce, she is going to check with them on his temperament and hope the CHS is able to place him.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh so beautiful! Two Dobes is too much for me. But I am in Calgary if they need help re-homing or transporting him etc. Or I can chat with whoever wants to adopt him about what dobes are like :) pm me if you need any help.
Any ideas on rehoming or fostering the boy that is with Deb right now? :)

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
That's too bad I can not help. My hands are full with Asha and Gino.

I will talk to people at my office tomorrow... but chance is slim :(

Reactions: EmilyB

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe he is suited to doberman savy people with a fenced yard, but I will know more later.

·
dobie fanatic
149 Posts
wow he is a beautiful boy I live way to far away to drive that trip. Hope someone gives this guy a forever home.

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
A girl I was thinking about is fostering a Boxer :( Other people don't have experience with Dobermans. I told our rescue people about the dog. Maybe they will find someone.

Reactions: EmilyB

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Noticed he was no longer listed and sent an email to ask the CHS if he got adopted.

Reply:

He did, he was adopted on Friday to someone with a lot of dobi experience. We had an updated yesterday, and he is doing great in his new home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts