Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I come home from work my dog always nibbles at my hands. Why is this? It seems like she has to taste me to make sure it is really me.:roflmao:

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
How old is your dog ?

LOL - maybe you work in the food service industry...and your fingers smell "kitchen" nice.
- hard to say, with a post / sort of short, on background info.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Love bites...that's what I've always called them....only special people get them :)

Reactions: brw1982

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Toby does this all the time, especially when we are out for a walk or there is something exciting going on. He also does it when I tell him off for doing something naughty, I was told it was a dogs way of answering back, but I am not so sure. At least I hope it isn't that.

Whilst most of the time it is painless sometimes his teeth rake a little and boy do you realise Dobes have sharp teeth.

I guess all the better to bite bad guys with huh. lol.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Bella will mouth my hand when she wants attention. While it is cute, and she doesnt do it hard, I still discourage it and tell her dont bite or no, because I dont want her to do it to others as well. I dont mind her nudging my hand or something like that but I dont want teeth used.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is 9 months old. I don't work in the service industry so it isn't the smell of the kitchen. She only does it when i walk through the gate. It's like she is mouthing me. My other dobe doesn't do it. Maybe she is showing dominance.

·
joie de vivre
11,246 Posts
Fiona nibbles my hands/arms while we cuddle at night. She's very sweet and affectionate when she does it. She'll nudge my hand/arm, give me little kisses, nibble some more. I absolutely love it. :)

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
Maui does it all the time too. She is always excited to see me when I come home from work. Some times she does get a little carried away and bites a little too hard, I tell her no and she backs off for about 2 seconds, then back to nibbling and licking. She's the only dobe I've had that does this. I say it's their way of saying "I love you, Mom/Dad" :D

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
My boy does this too and I love it :) He only does it to me, and he kinda chews at my fingers and my nails. I think sometimes he does it because its comforting and its kind of a way of being loving. Someone once told me it was because they like the taste of the salt in your hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts