Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my girl on blue buffalo life protection lamb and rice. She is two and a half. Before I moved to Florida I never had a real problem with her skin but since being down here, her hair comes out easy and her skin gets dry. Is it something in the air, any stuff I should try? Any help would be great and is this more common and seen easily in the black versus the red? I live in the daytona area so I am close to the ocean.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Well first I would get a full panel Thyroid test done.

You can switch to a Blue Buffalo with fish in it.
We supplement with a organic raw egg everyday, 2,000 mg fish oil or a can of sardines in pure olive oil, Vit. E 400 iu

We also use this home made coat spray you make yourself
It was in Doberman Digest Jan/Feb 2011
Items to get
24oz spray bottle
Listerine (Yes the mouth wash)
Alpha Keri or CVS Shower & Bath Oil
Any Human Hair Conditioner
Filtered or bottled water
A soft Kiwi shoe Brush

Mixture:
Pour in bottle
Liserine 1 in
Alpha Keri or CVS Shower & Bath Oil .5 in
Any Human Hair conditioner 2 in
Add water to top
Mix it up

Spray coat with filtered or bottled water
Wipe with microfiber cloth
Brush thoroughly to stimulate skin and remove flaky skin
Wipe again with microfiber cloth
Spray with coat spray and work into the coat
Brush with soft Kiwi shoe brush
You can do it daily to get coat into condition then weekly to maintain

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wonder if this works on humans???
I thought "people" were using the sardines in water vrs. olive oil because of the fat content??? Any ideas Stryker2?:confused:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Don't know. Maybe I will try it out!
Really not worried about the fat contant. We split 1 can between the two. They are very active lots of exercise.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I wonder if this works on humans???
I thought "people" were using the sardines in water vrs. olive oil because of the fat content??? Any ideas Stryker2?:confused:

There is a thread started by LindaH about sardines for dogs. The one is water has the lowest content of sodium, and encourages people to buy those instead of the ones in olive oil, or tomato. Even better are the fresh sardines.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Ahh that's what it was the "Sodium" thank you for that reminder (DogsR4Life)

I have to admit that Kiras coat has shown improvement with the softness and the sheen... However her skin is still not where I'd like it to be... I'd give it an 9 out of 10 positive...

I think if she let me brush her it would look better but, she HATES THE BRUSH!!!
I don't give her very many baths but, I think if I could find some sort of unique brush I could use in the shower with her, this would help with the dry patches on her skin.

I'm going to look back on Lindas thread again!!!

AFstud066 you might want to give that thread a look at too!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts