Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
We are not vets, and cannot diagnose dogs over the internet from pictures. We can give opinions - mine is that you need to go to the vet and have a skin scraping done to test for mites/demodex.

·
Super Moderator
22,193 Posts
Please get your dog to a dermatologist. That looks very uncomfortable.

·
Big Lil pup
6,599 Posts
Hi Kiran. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

I am sorry what you and your dog are going through. We also have had some issues getting to vets during the pandemic. But nothing like what India seems to be dealing with right now, assuming that is where you are.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is the OP from india? I didnt read that anywhere. Regardless medical services in most countries are available regardless of covid. Whether thats where you wanna be is a different story but i can understand being prevented from going out for leisure activities, but not for medical help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Big Lil pup
6,599 Posts
Hi DG

Many countries would not consider a veterinary dermatological issue a necessity, much less "medical" help. Right now, certain Parts of India are under total and absolute lock down with the recent Covid trends.

Here in Portland, my DIL is an oncology nurse. Early on in the pandemic, a large percentage of cancer surgeries at her cancer medical center were canceled as they were technically considered elective surgery. Also, pet owners generally had a terrible time getting appointments and some vet clinics closed completely. It's still hard. Our recent annual physical for McCoy had to be scheduled almost a month out. This is with the staff working full time and restrictions eased. They are still dealing with time consuming and cumbersome Covid protocol required in our "Extreme Risk" county. Last year, my physical therapy for a severely separated shoulder was prescribed and considered essential in order to potentially avoid complicated surgery. Never the less, I had to forego hands on visits for several months. I was eventually allowed to return earlier than most as I was in a prioritized group to the the nature of my injury. It was a painful delay to say the least.

BTW... The Indian Flag under Kiran G's avatar pretty much implies they live in India. Just as I assume by the Stars and Bars under yours, that the DobieGang hangs out in the US of A!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
309 Posts
To the OP I hope and pray that India's covid problem can be resolved soon, hopefully with widespread vaccinations. It is heartbreaking to read about it and having traveled there, I've seen and felt the beauty and hospitality of your country, which makes this terrible situation more real.

For your dog can you get any type of strong anti-fungal or anti-biotic soap. Here in the US we use a product called Hibiclens. It might help. Even a bath with dish soap or vinegar might help, always rinse well. Or can you get a hold of any Ayurvedic astringent or soothing products that are different/ stronger than Neem?

Is your dog wearing a cone so he can't chew or lick it, it looks like probably you have one, keep him wearing it so it doesn't get worse.

Good luck and stay very careful!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi DG

Many countries would not consider a veterinary dermatological issue a necessity, much less "medical" help. Right now, certain Parts of India are under total and absolute lock down with the recent Covid trends.

Here in Portland, my DIL is an oncology nurse. Early on in the pandemic, a large percentage of cancer surgeries at her cancer medical center were canceled as they were technically considered elective surgery. Also, pet owners generally had a terrible time getting appointments and some vet clinics closed completely. It's still hard. Our recent annual physical for McCoy had to be scheduled almost a month out. This is with the staff working full time and restrictions eased. They are still dealing with time consuming and cumbersome Covid protocol required in our "Extreme Risk" county. Last year, my physical therapy for a severely separated shoulder was prescribed and considered essential in order to potentially avoid complicated surgery. Never the less, I had to forego hands on visits for several months. I was eventually allowed to return earlier than most as I was in a prioritized group to the the nature of my injury. It was a painful delay to say the least.

BTW... The Indian Flag under Kiran G's avatar pretty much implies they live in India. Just as I assume by the Stars and Bars under yours, that the DobieGang hangs out in the US of A!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
Maybe on the desktop it shows? I’m on the mobile app I cant see that I guess. Also, being from NJ, maybe I’ve been too privileged to veterinary and medical care for my family. This state and it’s laws drive me nuts sometimes but at least through covid I was never denied medical care regardless of what it was for.

Shame this pandemic is dictating peoples lives depending on where they live. Doesnt seem right to me.

To the OP I only wish the best of luck as the best care would be to seek medical attention and troubleshooting from a vet.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
the government announced lockdown till may 16 and the cases are very high. I think i should call some some vets to my house and treat him.
Good luck to you - it breaks my heart to see how bad Covid is in India right now. My husband works with several coworkers in India, and talks to them regularly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is the OP from india? I didnt read that anywhere. Regardless medical services in most countries are available regardless of covid. Whether thats where you wanna be is a different story but i can understand being prevented from going out for leisure activities, but not for medical help.

i understand man, but the government has issued strict orders here due to rapid covid cases and the govt vet hospitals wont be opening during this time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi DG

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
thanks for the reply and yes i am an indian. i talked with a vet now and he sent me a photo of medicine to aplly and powder to clean before the application of medicine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts