Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, so on our walk today I encountered one of the first other dobermans I've seen at our park. She was really funny looking, but obviously a dobe. Her owner was...how should I put this nicely..gangster wanna be?? His pants were falling down, sideways hat, a necklace that was bigger than his head...you get the idea. I was going to keep walking, but his eyes about bugged out of his head when he saw Gunner so I tried to be polite and have a conversation. Turns out his dog was a female who just turned a year. He kept going on and on about how good Gun looks, and I just kept nodding politely. Then came the comment I was waiting for. He asked, "So we should breed these two. I know you can get a lot of money for pure dobermans." I just shook my head and said, "Sorry, he's neutered. And yours is too young to be bred anyways." He looked offended but then continued with his genius remarks, "Why didn't you get his ears docked?" I gave him another blank stare and said," His ears ARE cropped. And his TAIL is docked." He just looked confused and said, "oh." I told him to have a nice day and we went on our way. Some people....:rolleyesww:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Wow is really all I can say. If you can't tell the difference between cropped and uncropped ears something is wrong. Gotta love tose type of people who think they know what their talking about. I really hope he doesn't breed his dog though :(

Gunner is a handsome boy though. He got that part right.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Smh. I don't have much else to say...

except ROFL at "He's neutered". What a winner to not notice that ;)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow is really all I can say. If you can't tell the difference between cropped and uncropped ears something is wrong. Gotta love tose type of people who think they know what their talking about. I really hope he doesn't breed his dog though :(

Gunner is a handsome boy though. He got that part right.
Ugh, I know. I was thinking "really dude??" His female was docked but had natural ears...you think he would notice the difference with Gunner's ears standing but apparently not. Luckily dobermans aren't super common around here so maybe he won't be able to find a boyfriend for her :( At least that's what I'm praying. She had really weird conformation and definitely didn't need to be passing that on.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Ugh, I know. I was thinking "really dude??" His female was docked but had natural ears...you think he would notice the difference with Gunner's ears standing but apparently not. Luckily dobermans aren't super common around here so maybe he won't be able to find a boyfriend for her :( At least that's what I'm praying. She had really weird conformation and definitely didn't need to be passing that on.
Wow he's a smart one isn't he :rolleyesww: I hope he doesn't find someone. He doesn't seem like the type of person who should be breeding.

·
Censored
716 Posts
I think you should have taken him up on the offer. Then when his female goes into heat, you can take her to the "stud" which is the code-name for "vet" and secretly get her spayed ;) Or if he wants to be present, when Gunner obviously doesn't do the deed, you can just say there is something wrong with his female because Gunner is an excellent producer. He sounds like he is of the type of person who would fall for this...hehe...

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think you should breed him to Ruthless. Think of what we could make with Dobelandic Sheeperman puppies :eek:hno:
This is genius! :roflmao: Can I join in? We can hang out with the rest of the influx of herp derp BYB's that have found their way to us lately..

Reactions: Sherryh and OliviaB

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should have said "congratulations on the weight loss!" at the end.
Saw that on FB about thugs with saggy pants, lol.

I would be tempted to tell that guy that he can make a lot of money if he gets a real job, and then he can afford clothes that fit.
:roflmao: That's AWESOME. I think my brain was too overwhelmed by his stupidity to come up with anything that good :p Oh well..maybe he will not be able to find a stud for her and give up. He was one of "those" who seemed to own a doberman just because it adds to the tough guy image. *sigh*

·
You can't kill the metal
832 Posts
Yup, so on our walk today I encountered one of the first other dobermans I've seen at our park. She was really funny looking, but obviously a dobe. Her owner was...how should I put this nicely..gangster wanna be?? His pants were falling down, sideways hat, a necklace that was bigger than his head...you get the idea. I was going to keep walking, but his eyes about bugged out of his head when he saw Gunner so I tried to be polite and have a conversation. Turns out his dog was a female who just turned a year. He kept going on and on about how good Gun looks, and I just kept nodding politely. Then came the comment I was waiting for. He asked, "So we should breed these two. I know you can get a lot of money for pure dobermans." I just shook my head and said, "Sorry, he's neutered. And yours is too young to be bred anyways." He looked offended but then continued with his genius remarks, "Why didn't you get his ears docked?" I gave him another blank stare and said," His ears ARE cropped. And his TAIL is docked." He just looked confused and said, "oh." I told him to have a nice day and we went on our way. Some people....:rolleyesww:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Gangsters make me laugh.

You were very observant of his digs...but how did you miss the giant clock hanging from his neck? :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Most gangsters around my area are scared of Lexi.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Gangsters make me laugh.

You were very observant of his digs...but how did you miss the giant clock hanging from his neck? :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Most gangsters around my area are scared of Lexi.
Lol, I did say he had a necklace bigger than his head. I think it was supposed to be a skull but I'm not really sure. Yes, most gangsters around here ignore Gunner (aka SCARED) but the few that do have dogs walk around their poorly bred pit bulls :rolleyesww: That's a discussion for another day though...once I get going on that topic it's hard to stop ;)

ETA: I love pit bulls...nothing against them. Just the morons around here that tend to own them. Re-read that and didn't want it to come across wrong.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Haha wow! I had a person come up to me as well and say that they were glad I didn't crop Odin's ears. I looked at them and said that they are cropped lol they looked embarrassed. I have a lot of people asking me if I am going to stud odin, I just tell them no and educate them on The reasons why Not . If he is it wouldn't be by me but from The breeder I got him from.

So far I Odin and I are doing a really good job on educating The public on multiple things and Odin is doing awesome being an ambassador of The breed, I'm so proud of him. When people ask me about breeding him and are interested in The breed I just give them my breeders business card.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Its too bad there are not some outward signs of females being spayed, because I have had about a dozen people ask me if I am going to breed my 2, if people knew they were spayed it would save me ALOT of crap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts