Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunner is growing SO fast! He's 19 weeks and eats like a horse (I should know...I have 3 of those too!). Got some quick pics of him playing with the kids tonight in the backyard. Enjoy!

Off topic, but I also think he has an eye infection. Both eyes are really pink and the left one had green pus in the corner of it tonight. I'm assuming a vet visit for some antibiotic ointment is probably necessary or is there something OTC I can get? Thanks!

Our ragdoll cat, Zeus...Gunner's partner in crime :)

Fetch the tennis ball....his favorite game

Gunner with my 1 year old...he doesn't let that baby out of his sight!

Clumsy preschooler meets clumsy doberman...

Never fails...

This might look bad, but Klutz 1 was trying to get Klutz 2 to stand up by gently pulling on his leg :)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
That cat is beautiful! And phat (I really don't mean it as an insult, healthy or not I love fat cats) <3 Gunner is looking great too, I bet you missed him a ton :]

As for the eyes, Dreizehn was that way when I was living in Austin, since I moved it's stopped happening. I never took him to the vet for it officially but my boss (and two of the vets where I worked) told me it was probably allergies and to give him some benedryl. I'm not promoting that you self medicate your dog but it could be allergies (it didn't start with Dreizehn until a month or two after I got him).

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That cat is beautiful! And phat (I really don't mean it as an insult, healthy or not I love fat cats) <3 Gunner is looking great too, I bet you missed him a ton :]

As for the eyes, Dreizehn was that way when I was living in Austin, since I moved it's stopped happening. I never took him to the vet for it officially but my boss (and two of the vets where I worked) told me it was probably allergies and to give him some benedryl. I'm not promoting that you self medicate your dog but it could be allergies (it didn't start with Dreizehn until a month or two after I got him).
No worries...our cat is HUGE lol...but he's a purebred Ragdoll and it's his breed standard. He's the best cat ever. The kids carry him around like a doll and he lays there and just purrs.

As for the eyes...it very well could be allergies. He was outside all week at the boarding place.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Adorable family photos, of your loving clan.

The basis of my puppy training, starts with "fetch & a tennis ball".
- I loved the pic. of his favorite game / once this drive is established, the rest is easy...and Gunner has it in spades.
And Gunner pulling on your boys leg, to stand up...was "priceless" / what a smarty pants.
ThkU for sharing...all the cute action shots.

·
Dobes stole my heart &lt;3
3,418 Posts
Aww how cute seeing him with the kids, they really are great around them arent they? How are his ears doing? He's growing so fast, it wont be long and he will grow into those legs of his lol. He looks great, he has such nice color to him.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
He's a very handsome young man. And the cat is to pretty for words. (I'm having cat envy, my cat passed away on 10/11) :(

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Great pictures - looks like everyone is having fun together! Gunner is a beautiful red!

·
Super Moderator
22,565 Posts
Great pics!

As far as the eyes go, I would go in to the vet. I don't mess around with eye stuff. Shanoa had some weirdness with her eyes a while back and it was pretty serious; it could have left her blind if we had waited. I'm not saying that's what's going on, but I just don't like to risk anything with the eyes.

Reactions: OliviaB

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great pics!

As far as the eyes go, I would go in to the vet. I don't mess around with eye stuff. Shanoa had some weirdness with her eyes a while back and it was pretty serious; it could have left her blind if we had waited. I'm not saying that's what's going on, but I just don't like to risk anything with the eyes.
Thanks :) They look a little better today, but I've got him a vet appointment in the morning. I'm with you...anything with the eyes freaks me out and I would rather be safe than sorry. He's not having much discharge anymore, but they are still really red and irritated looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts