Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunner is acting funny and I'm kind of freaking out :( He has acted fine all day and this evening we went to the park for a bit like we normally do. It's not super hot out and we weren't there for long. We just went and let the kids play so he wasn't even really working...just sat beside me. For the past probably 30 minutes though he has been acting funny. He's in his crate and is just sitting there panting really really hard. I let him out and he just sat down and panted. I offered him water and he drank a bit but I have no clue what could be causing this fast panting for no apparent reason. Thoughts?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I couldnt imagine what could be causing that since you said it wasnt super hot out. I would make sure he isnt over heated though, even though I dont see how he would be.

Reactions: OliviaB

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh god..I'm afraid about bloat. I'm waiting on my vet to call me back. The nearest e-vet is an hour away but my vet would meet me at the clinic if I can get a hold of her. If she doesn't call back immediately we will head off to the emergency clinic. He hasn't had food recently but did have water. He's just sitting here panting and seems completely out of it. God I'm freaking.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I really hope is isnt bloat and maybe he just got too hot. I'm sending good vibes your way. Please keep us updated! I hope it isnt anything serious.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He hasn't eaten since this morning...he had a little bit of water when we got home but he didn't appear to be super hot so I didn't worry about it. I let him out of the crate and he went and found his rabbit (favorite toy) but he burped a few times. I gave him some gas meds so hopefully that will help. He is not wanting to lay down though so that is bothering me. The panting has slowed down. If no call in the next few minutes we are going to the e-vet. I'm not risking it :(

·
Da Boss
3,489 Posts
Hope he's ok! Sending good vibes your way.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Check his gums. Are they pale?

He hasn't eaten since this morning...he had a little bit of water when we got home but he didn't appear to be super hot so I didn't worry about it. I let him out of the crate and he went and found his rabbit (favorite toy) but he burped a few times. I gave him some gas meds so hopefully that will help. He is not wanting to lay down though so that is bothering me. The panting has slowed down. If no call in the next few minutes we are going to the e-vet. I'm not risking it :(

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He is wanting to drink...is that okay or should I take the water dish away?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still no call and he is very gassy...his stomach isn't very hard but he's acting like he wants to vomit. My mom is on her way over to stay with the kids and we will be on our way to the vet. I'll update as I can. Thanks for the help....you guys are the best.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Trying to vomit is a clear sign of bloat. Call the e-vet and let them know you're on the way. They will have staff on stand-by.

Fingers crossed for you.

Still no call and he is very gassy...his stomach isn't very hard but he's acting like he wants to vomit. My mom is on her way over to stay with the kids and we will be on our way to the vet. I'll update as I can. Thanks for the help....you guys are the best.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Sending good vibes your way...please let us know as soon as you find out something!!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts