Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and to Dobermans but want to learn all i can. My girl Jasmine is 8 months old and is 50lbs (hence my username). She was the runt of the litter of parents weighing 70lbs (mom) and 95lbs (dad). She also has a lazy ear so i'm continuing to post. I will sheepishly admit that i have let her go a couple days, several times between postings so i know i'm may have messed her up and it's nobodys fault by mine. She has already been spayed and i'm not planning to show. I also compete in barrel racing (horses) and haul alot by myself so she will be my hauling partner! Any tips on posting (currently have backer rod), and thoughts on how much bigger she may get would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I have a natural ear dobe so cant help you on the posting. I do believe your girl is not done and when she is done she will still take a little time to fill out.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Many members of this site have girls that size- Vegas is 55 lbs at three years. That being said I would be very surprised if a Doberman were done growing at 8 months of age, and a slow maturing dog could grow until two years of age.

More important than the SIZE she will grow to be, is the WEIGHT she is at now, as long as she's the appropriate weight for her frame there's no reason to worry.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Here is a pretty popular thread on an ear posting method http://www.dobermantalk.com/puppy-corner/47747-ear-posting-directions-photo-tutorial-my-method.html

As far as her weight and growing, she will grow up to 24 months of age, most of the height will be accomplished in the first 18 months as well as a good chunk of the weight. At her current weight I would venture a guess that she may end up anywhere from 55-65lbs, all dependent on height as well though. I got my girl at 9 months, 24 in and 52-54 lbs, now at almost 2 she has hit a final fill out and minor height growth weighing in at 58lbs (up 3-4 from her normal the last 6 months) and gained another inch to inch and a half and is now 25-25 1/2 in. It can honestly all vary on how she grows and changes, good luck and pictures of your little girl would be appreciated :)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
She could be at her final size but 8 months is rather young to reach their final size. In my experience they get most of their size done around 10-12 months and hten slowly fill in for another 6 to 12 months. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't help you with posting except to say just keep taping them up :]

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
She may be at or close to her full height, but will continue to fill out for even another year +

Being the runt of the litter does not mean she will end up being the smallest. I'd expect her to end up in the 60+ pound range ... and not be chubby :)

Reactions: brw1982

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is Jasmine at 7 months. She really hasn't changed over the past month except that it's her left ear that is giving me fits.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I think Saph finished growing and filling out between 2.5 and 3yrs. Its funny to look back at her 18month pictures and see how immature she looks compared to now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My girl was slow growing after the 8 month mark. At 8 months she was around 60lbs. She continued to grow to her full height of 25.5 inches by 12 months and reached her full weight 75lbs by 15 months.Her parents were both the standard size. Also she was spayed at around 12 months old.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Nexus was predicted to be an 80 - 100 lb dog at full growth ... I laugh because she was never a big puppy, and I seriously wondered if her mom really was 100 lbs. she will be 2 in April and weighs in at 64 lbs. I think she is around 23 or 24 inches, however have not had the luck in measuring her lately, she never stands still long enough. Bella, on the other hand, whose parents I did see, seems to be following nicely in her momma's footsteps. She is almost a year and weighs 68.7 lbs. She is about 1/8 to 1/4 in taller than Nexus and is still growing, but slowly. She has almost reached her full height and will fill out only after that.
I love the difference in the two of them, Nexus is solid as a rock and a petite little package and Bella is just as solid but in a little bigger size.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Liberty is still growing at 20 months. She isn't really putting on pounds, but her shape is still changing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts