Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm a personal assistant/office manager in her late twenties.

Grew up with a Doberman/Rottweiler mix, named Samantha and she was the definition of love, in every sense of the word. She, sadly, passed away in 2009.

I currently only have two male Betta fish living with me at the moment. But I've found recently that I've missed having that wonderful companionship which comes from having a dog. In my opinion, Sam looked to have more Doberman than Rottweiler in her, and I've always admired the beauty and regal air Doberman's have about them.

So, to make a long story short- I went looking for a Dobeman Forum, found this site, and decided to join. I'm currently living by myself for the first time in my life and am feeling ready to take that next step and start looking to adopt a Doberman within the next few years. I figured this would be a great place to lurk, and absorb information to prepare myself.

I'm looking forward to sharing information and experiences and will leave you with a picture of beautiful Samantha.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT! This site is full of AWESOME information and I'm sure you'll find everything you need to know here. Good luck in finding your perfect puppy or dog, the members here (myself included) will be more than happy to help you with your search.

Also, two male beta fish?! You know they have male-male aggression issues!
Kidding, kidding.

If you have any pictures of Samantha (or even of your fish) we'd love to see them. We LOVE pictures here.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,344 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from PA. Best of luck in your search and kudos for doing your research before getting your Dobe. This forum is a wealth of information and knowledgeable Doberman people.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I just realized that the picture I meant to share of Samantha didn't post, whoops!

Here is a picture of my Angel pup-Samantha, (she's also my avi)

Samantha2.jpg

And now for my Betta boys- Bowie and Remedio.

First up is Bowie-I brought him home 10-30-11. He's the most trusting of my two. He'll just go right into the net when I have to do water changes and eats right out of my hand.

Bowiesit.jpg

Next is my hyper boy, Remedio. I found him in a store, while looking for supplies for Bowie. He was floating on his side, with fin rot, and my heart bled for him. I took him home, not expecting him to survive the night, figuring I would at least be able to give him some peace in his final hours. However, 10 hours in a bit of epsom salt and he was swimming upright again. I brought him home 12-12-11, and he's thriving. He flares at everything, will bite my fingers without mercy and attack his net whenever it makes an appearance. Despite all that, he's an extremely cute and happy boy, he amuses me so.

raja2.jpg raja3.jpg

^Taken the day after I brought him home (12-14-11)

Remedio superbowl sunday.jpg

^Photo from this past Sunday (2-5-12)

I wish I were able to upload more than 5 photos. I do love sharing pics. ^_^.

Thanks again, everyone, for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I sure do know about betta aggression; both of my boys have their own "turf" (aka: tanks).

I was finally able to successfully post pictures. :)
I appreciate the offer to help with my search for the perfect pup for me. I will more than likely take you up on that offer when the time comes. I do know I want to adopt, and have already been researching local doberman rescues in my area.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I already feel extremely excited for having found this site.

Welcome to DT! This site is full of AWESOME information and I'm sure you'll find everything you need to know here. Good luck in finding your perfect puppy or dog, the members here (myself included) will be more than happy to help you with your search.

Kidding, kidding.

If you have any pictures of Samantha (or even of your fish) we'd love to see them. We LOVE pictures here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you!

And no kudos needed! I would never take on the responsibility of another life without feeling that I was 100% emotionally, physically and financially able to care for them (I do wish more people felt that way). Though, I feel that I'm I'm finally at that point where I'm just over 50% ready for a Doberman. :)

I'm really excited to soak up all the information here on this forum, and talk with other people who share the love of this breed. And even more excited to share pictures and stories when I finally take that leap.

Hi and welcome to the forum from PA. Best of luck in your search and kudos for doing your research before getting your Dobe. This forum is a wealth of information and knowledgeable Doberman people.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello, Trun!

I hope we have a great time here as well. Thank you so much for the welcome, it's certainly wonderful to be so warmly welcomed. :)

Welcome to forum
Hi! I'm Trun
Hope we have a great time here
Glad to meet you!
:)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Welcome from NY! My first doberman was named Samantha and was also the definition of love! I agree, she looked more doberman and very sweet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi and Welcome to DT!!!

awesome that you will be considering a rescue dobie!

Thank you!

Hugz!
Hugz! right back!

I can't imagine doing anything other than adopting. Bringing Remedio home really opened my eyes. He's such a silly fish, and caring for him for that first week, taught me so much about my own personality; I shudder to think of where he would be today if I hadn't brought him home. I think every animal deserves that chance, and wish more got it.

And thank you so much for the welcome. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:thanx:

I can't tell you how big it made me smile to read your comment, and hear about your Samantha who was the definition of love. It's such a shame that the lifespan of dogs is so much shorter than ours; Though it sounds like we both had girls who filled our lives with enough love to last a lifetime. And I plan to make every moment count with any future Doberman that comes into my life. :D

Welcome from NY! My first doberman was named Samantha and was also the definition of love! I agree, she looked more doberman and very sweet.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Kidding, kidding.
This literally made me spit my wine out...on my white MacBook.. :roflmao:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts