Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
TracyJo said:
We're planning our trip for the end of April if all goes as planned :) If you're there at that time I'll take you up on your tour guide offer, thanks! :)
Unfortunately I will be in Australia during that time, my final semester ends in June (GRADUATION!!!). If you can come around a little later, I would gladly take you around.

Otherwise, all I can offer are where to shop, the local attractions and such.

Regards,
TH

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hello and welcome to the greatest doberman forum in the world!! Well, i am sure that you will find the people here friendly and informative.. Again welcome. Dobermans Rule!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Gidday th.ng, fantastic to see that you're doing research before jumping in the deep end. Good luck finding your Dobe. Probably not such a bad idea starting with the one dog. This will give you a chance to settle it in with your Rotti, training etc.

Where are you studying in Australia. I'm in Brisbane.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I learnt from my first Rottie (12 year old and grumpy) that I have to do my research before buying. He nearly died when I brought him home, hospitalised for 3 months and just barely pulled through. He's stunted for life though, never quite got to a full Rottie size.

I'm in the University of Queensland. Been here for about 4 years now and looking forward to going back.

Thanks all for the welcome.

Regards,
TH

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi and welcome to doberman talk, its a really great site:)
i'm from england (like twinkletoes),
i'm looking around for my next dobe so know how hard it is to find that "special" dog.

good luck with the search and hope you enjoy the site as much as i am

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, does anyone here know where I will be able to find a good Dobermann in this part of the world? I am looking for a dog which comes from European lines, no offense to the American lines (just a personal preference thing), specifically, Russian, Hungarian or Italian lines. Hope you guys know of some people around these parts.

Regards,
TH
Hi th.ng sounds like you're looking for one of those pretty dogs with the chiselled heads and big bosoms. I'm not a fan of the show american dobbie either by the way, no offence but i do think there are certain european bloodlines that are not bred for priority of work and health either but are extremely pretty to look at. With regards to tail docking or ear cropping, I love the cropped look way better too but let's not kid ourselves, there are no health benefits associated with docking ears or tail, it's purely cosmetic. Australia does have its share of awesome european dobermanns from serious working stock and are specifically being bred for work.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma if you use the search at the top of the page and look up Male Aggression it will explain allot.Doberman's are different from any other breed I have had hard to explain what is different about them just stick with one puppy at a time.You will thank me when they go though the Doberteen stage.One does not usually have problems with there male Doberman until they reach maturity 2-3 years old does not seem to make any difference if they are fixed or not.Good Luck in your puppy search.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.