Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Well I've posted a couple of times now... I should probably introduce myself. My name is Erica, I live in Portland with hubby, 2 dogs and a parrot. I am really interested in Dobermans, and have been doing lots of research. I won't likely get another dog anytime soon, but have this thing where I get mildly obsessive about researching - and that brings me here. :D (I did this before bringing home both Frankie, and Otis, our parrot.)

Here are the family members...
Henneh, 9 year old female GSD. Raised by Phillip and brought into my life when P came into it. She is a very sweet, loyal, loving, doting dog who is rarely more than 10 feet away. (In fact, she has been known to step on flip-flops because she is following so closely.) :) She is a klutz with no body awareness. She is our little nutter - she is high-strung, anxious. A nervous Nelly. (likely from poor breeding...) She has a hard time focusing and has tested my patience more than any other living creature. I have worked VERY hard with this lady and she has come a long way. She has just recently started to calm down some, at around age 8. She is now becoming much more of a pleasure to live with, although I've always loved her. She used to whine/shriek and tremble when I had her sit for her meal, or wait for a walk. We're not talking just high-energy here!

She is also a fabulous spooner and wants nothing more in the world to be by you, interact with you, love on you. Our Hennie.

a little blurred, but I still love it.

Me? High strung?!? What are you talking about? I just want loooove...

Relaxing in the leaves

Her pacifier, aka ball. (Raquetballs are the best - more bounce-back with less popping!)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi all!
Well I've posted a couple of times now... I should probably introduce myself.
That's okay, Erica, I've posted quite a few times too and have yet to introduce myself! Guess I should :)

Anyway, welcome from Arizona!

P.S. Henneh looks very sweet!

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And then there's Frankie, 8 year old female husky/white GSD mix. I've had her since she was 6 wks old (too young) and she is an amazing creature. She is smart as a whip with a bit of the husky independence and problem-solving abilities mixed in there. Meaning - occasionally stubborn, but she's usually a very well-behaved girl. She is very composed and zen-like, yet has a huge clownish side too when it comes time to play or run around. She is my sweet smiley girl. She doesn't truly cuddle like Henneh, and is more aloof until she gets to know you, but when she does show affection she means it, and she will trust and remember you forever. She will lay with her head on your foot. Kisses are few and far between, but so gentle. She is a dog that is liked even by people who don't like dogs. When someone comes over to visit, Henneh is whining/barking/circling/kissing/bonking, and Frankie is standing there, wagging and smiling, waiting for her spaz of a sister to move so she can say hi. She has a very high prey drive and lots of husky-type instincts. She has killed squirrels, rats, mice, voles, etc but has learned that animals that live in the house are NOT to be touched (ie cats or Otis). (or mom will kill her) She can be bitchy with other dogs that don't have manners, and she is the alpha of the two, although they've only fought once and it was at the very beginning of P's & my relationship. It will rip my heart out when she goes...

Mud. I love it so.

Smiling. And a little more mud.

A rare snowstorm. She's in heaven.

And then there's Otis! Can't forget my maximillion pionus parrot - my sweet little jester of a guy. I can go on forever about him too... but will spare you. ;) This has gone on way too long already...

monkey bird

Wow. That was a novel. What you wanted to know and sooooo much more... LOL

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome. You have a cute family.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello, and Welcome from California. Those are some great pictures. My favorite is the second one of Frankie. Wow, her eyes are really stunning. What a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hiya And Welcome to DT!

I love your little husky mix, what a looker! I have a parrot too.

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Julie! Yeah, Lori needs to come over here.

Thanks all...

Mandy, I was wondering that due to your quote... what kind? Julie has a macaw also. (we met on a parrot forum. :D )

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have a greenwing macaw. I should try the macaw forum on Birds N Ways. I use to post at bird talk when I first got her. I had trouble with crop infection while hand feeding.

Here's Gypsy Rose, she's two now, And a REAL handful!

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mandy, you should head over to Parrot Strut- an active forum with lots of knowledgeable folks. The macaw forum within it is one of the more active ones too. Some other Greenwing owners there!

Thanks all... I have a Nikon D50 (digital SLR). I HIGHLY recommend it. Not all of the photos posted were taken with it, but many were. The crispest one is with my new lens (the smiley/mud splotch head one) which I love. :D Thanks!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Welcome.... here's my little girl, she'll be 8 in June, her name is Godzilla...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Well you have come to the right place.. this is a great place to pick the brains (what we have left) about Dobermans.. You GSD photos are so cute and I love your other dog in the mud.. fun fun.. cute birds do they talk.. We had a NANDAY once and he talked up a storm.. Well Welcome again..

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I love how you run into people with similar interests other than the one a forum is about!

Here's my Bailey....2 yr old female....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts