Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Forum for us, and glad to share in your experience, love, compassion, advise & wisdom with this wonderful breed. First Dobie was a rescue, approx 1 yr plus ? with guarding issues although she taught me alot. Fortunate that we involved a trainer who help us over some of her behavior hurdles to become a more tolerant and great dog that she really was. Now enjoying a beauty 14 month old female, Nicci who is a quick study for OB but becoming a defiant adolescent dog with command to come, guess some of this is normal, but I need to be reminded...
We are a multiple dog family of two and my other dog a Chespapeake Bay Retriever has been very patient and tolerant of her puppyhood, but now Nicci is testing her place in the female hierarchy. Any thoughts or advise on this issue?

·
joie de vivre
11,320 Posts
Welcome from Missouri!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Welcome from Ontario.

To answer your hierarchy question, from my experience:
- In the late 70's I got my first dobe puppy and I would be at my parents place on weekends (doing bodywork) ...the farm dog was jealous and would pick on my pup (nipping her) ...when my dog got about 6-7 months old, she was faster, quicker, bigger and stronger ....she now picked on the farm dog for 2 weekends, then they got along.
- My sons dog is a 7 lb YorkiePoo and he use to growl at my current dobe, over toys...I just never allowed it and addressed it firmly...now they both sleep together (when we babysit the little one) and they get along fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts