Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the group as you can tell from the number of posts :tongue23: . After exploring the site and viewing all of the pics, I must say I am in awe. They are all so beautiful. I am the proud mother of a red/rust born 6 May 2002, she is AKC registered (although that doesn't matter to me as I would love her just the same) and joined our family at 9 weeks of age. She was not our choice because she, at the time had a bald tail (not any longer) and a dew claw that was forgotten on her left front. However, she picked us and kept coming to us while the other puppies were busy playing.I am sure many of you all have heard that sometimes you do not pick your pet, that your pet picks you. What could we do but fall in love and adopt her. Before taking her home, while saying our good-bye's to the breeder, our little pup decided to help us name her by running to the water hose and start playing in the water. Since we were getting ready to move to the coast and having our youngest son love sharks we decided to call her Mako. Four years later after a shaky start and a lot of work and continous training we could not be any happier. We are currently considering getting another Doberman in the future.Thanks for letting us introduce ourselves :dancing_b

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank-you. I actually have a ton of pictures on my PC :emo: . I am using my laptop at the moment. Mako is a sweetie, we really enjoy her. She is a true velcro dog and loves to please her family. She is protective, yet allows anyone in when we greet them and she befriends them readily. She is at the moment right next to me showing off her smile (took me 2 years to teach her that one). LOL you have a bunch of your pretty babies posted. I love em all. Your Gracie looks just like our Mako.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, I have been browsing now for hours. It is really nice reading about other's experiences,questions and tips (ohh my).

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Welcome Mako and SeaNemesis. I have a red/rust male pup, he is 5 and a half months old and a black/rust female that is 13 months, they are my first Dobes and they are spoiled rotten. I can't imagine myself ever not having this breed in my life, which I had gotten into owning some much earlier in life.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from me and my pack here in the U.K.
Sorry to be so late replying but i have been away on holiday.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I showed my husband and he agreed as well. Grace looks just as spoiled as my mako. Dobermans, I find have a lot of different looks. A lot of other breeds outside of color often seem to look the same except for some subtle differences.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts