Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am Mama T and I am a newer Dobermom. Our baby girl, Piper is 10 months old now and though not the littlest of the family, definitely the baby. We also have in the house a seven year old papillon, our four and a half year old daughter, our 14 month old daughter, my husband and myself. Now we admit we where wrong in our purchase of a puppy so soon after having a baby, but we are committed to making the best of the situation for everyone involved and Piper lives a very spoiled and loved life. Admittedly I trust her with our children more then I do most adults.

I stumbled across Dobermantalk.com looking for some nutrition and obedience tips, and knew after ten minutes browsing the site I had to join. I'm not looking to be the perfect Dobermom, I'm just looking to be the best Dobermom I can possibly be and I hope that this community will help me continue to be so for Piper. Piper is a black and tan 10 months old female, born February 8th, 2011. She knows Sit, Wait, Lay Down, Shake (though she is a little excitable for this one with kids), Dance and gives kisses. Her favorite toy is a tennis ball tug toy tied to an old swiffer wand handle that I use to 'lunge' her somewhat like a horse in our yard. I would say we are 75% house trained, we still have a few accidents now and then, and awesome mixed with water is our tiles best friend.

I think our biggest issue that I have been searching for tips on is that she piddles when company arrives whether she has been out just before there arrival or not. We have started this past weekend bringing her out in the front yard to greet them before everyone comes in. This seems to be helping so fingers crossed at this time as we think it is too early to tell.

And a few pictures of our Piper, also nicknamed Piperoni or Pipette

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You Cindylouwho!

Thank You Amelia_Murray! It is one of our favorite as well. My husband and I have discussed having it enlarged and framed for our wall. :lol:

·
Super Cute Holly
227 Posts
Ahhhh adorable! Love the sleeping on the back one! Perfect! Thats when you can tell there puppies! Thanks for sharing, she grew up so beautiful:D!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You newdobiemum! She still snags that pillow every chance she gets!

Hello KoaRad! We are in the middle of the thumb, a hop, skip, and stones throw away from the saint clair river. I hope Koa has enjoyed the little bits of snow we have gotten as much as Piper has.

Thank you okie-dobie! And thank you for the thread link, it helps to know that it may just be an age thing she will grow out of. No we are not still posting her ears, haven't been for about a month now.

Thank you SchumiTEC and Darkevs!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hello KoaRad! We are in the middle of the thumb, a hop, skip, and stones throw away from the saint clair river. I hope Koa has enjoyed the little bits of snow we have gotten as much as Piper has.
I grew up in Reese and now live in Freeland - if you ever want to get the furkids together for a playdate, let me know! :)

He LOVES the snow! I don't typically wish for more, but watching him play in it just makes me laugh! At this rate, though, we're not going to see any more until January!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KoaRad we will be sure to drop you a note and arrange something on our next trip through the area. We take a trip through to Petoskey usually once a year, try to make it two when we can. ^^

Thank You PatchworkRobot!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dax0402 I apologize I complete missed your reply in my morning daze. Thank you for the welcome! My husband has close associates in PA. He is supposed to be going out there to help them with some remodeling this summer. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I asked if you were still posting because your second picture it shows her ears folding in. Wasn't to sure if that was the finished product. I would still be posting if that's what her ears still do. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope Okie-dobie, the second picture was about five months back. Her ears no longer fold inward, they point straight up. ^^
We have a lot of family coming in this weekend as it is the holidays obviously, :lol:, but I will try to set aside some time and snap a few pics of her to show how big she has gotten and how her ears sit now. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts