Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dobe that's not quite a year old. She's been healthy so far. This morning I noticed one of her eyes had a lot of green gunk in the corner. I've wiped it with a damp cloth a few times today. I've never had a dog with this problem before and was just curious if it could be something serious. She isn't acting differently or anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
It's probably nothing serious, but take her to the vet and have it checked out for safety's sake and I wouldn't be surprised if you get sent home with some eye ointment.

It's been a common occurrence in a 13.5 y/o male we have at my work and we've treated with eye ointments.

Good Luck!

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Could be seasonal allergies, could be the food you're feeding, could be infection. A vet visit would rule out anything serious though, just to be safe.

Out of curiosity, what food are you feeding?

Reactions: DogsR4Life

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been feeding her Blue pretty much since we brought her home. I guess its about time to take her for a checkup anyway. Thanks for the quick replies

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
If it's bright green, it could be pink eye (conjunctivitis). Niz had a case a year ago--the vet dyed his eyes with a uv reactive dye so that he could make sure there were no scratches and then went ahead and gave us some antibiotic eyedrops for Niz.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
It could also be a nick on the cornea. Depending on the issue a trip to the vet is in order to make sure it is treated with the proper medication.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I've had dogs with conjunctivitis, the eye vet I go to for testing told me to use Polysporin eye drops, for people, for pink eye, it works well, I keep a bottle in my medicine cabinet all the time.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just took Rush to vet for same issue. We were sent home with eye ointment to put in eye 2x a day for 7 days.

Rush was on Nutro puppy but transitioning him to Wellness grain free. Always looking for more educated opinions on what to feed him. Considered raw, reading few books, but honestly don't have freezer space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts