1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
They look nice. I really want to buy some for Dreizehn but the ones that match his back length are far too big in the chest. Sad :[

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to bump this. They still have Doberman sizes in stock.

Reactions: brw1982

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Thanks for the link.
Now what would a good size be. Someone on their site, said they measured and it still didn't fit right.
Anyone order one and with exact girth measurement does it fit our dobes good?
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shanoa wears the 33" girth 23" long. Simon wears the 38" girth 26" long. Shanoa's pretty average sized, maybe a little larger for a female, 68 pounds. Simon's a bit tall, and around 85 pounds, with a big chest.

This is Simon in his coat:

And both of them in their coats:

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Thanks
Were they the actual girth/chest sizes that you measured?
I have to still measure Nubis girth and right now he weighs at least 60.
Thanks again for the input.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Simon's chest is just about 38 inches, and it fits very well. Shanoa's chest is closer to 30 inches so hers is a little bit big in the chest, but it fits well anyway.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Ok thanks.
Once I take his size, I'll order.
Just worried about tension around front legs but as it stretches it should be good. Everything else im sure Nubis'sMom can fire her sewing machine up and fix it.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
All these cute coat & pajama threds make me want to buy one because they are so cute. However I don't think Elke needs cold weather gear!
As a fellow dweller of So Cal I was kinda thinking the same for Lucy, but hey, it does get into the 50's at night right?! LOL Actually, I've even seen 40's! We train outdoors at night and it does seriously get chilly especially if the ground is damp. Poor Lucy shivers on the ground when she has to do long downs. So I am going to rationalize my purchases this way. :) Although I'm sure my husband will think I am completely crazy for buying more dog coats for Lucy.

Maybe Elke would like one for those cool winter nights! :)

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
As a fellow dweller of So Cal I was kinda thinking the same for Lucy, but hey, it does get into the 50's at night right?! LOL Actually, I've even seen 40's! We train outdoors at night and it does seriously get chilly especially if the ground is damp. Poor Lucy shivers on the ground when she has to do long downs. So I am going to rationalize my purchases this way. :) Although I'm sure my husband will think I am completely crazy for buying more dog coats for Lucy.

Very true! Although I keep it cozy inside with the heat on, I turn it down overnight. Maybe she needs some fuzzy pajamas to keep from getting chilled. And the point about the cold ground outside, hmmm.... I think I may have just found some rationalizations ;) Although Elke even pulls blankets off herself if I try to cover her up, and she'll tear off anything I put on her. That girl likes to be nekkid.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts

It can even get down into the 30's here in the Inland Empire at times. Our house is old and drafty, so Connor wears a fleece coat at night when it's chilly. He has a whole wardrobe of different coats.

Razzle sleeps under the blankets, so while she has a couple of coats, it's not as critical for her to wear coats. LOL, not saying she has no coats, tho, she has a couple.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Well it seems Elke will have to get some warm clothes to keep up with the Joneses out here... ;)

Wouldn't want her feeling that she doesn't have what everybody else has.
That one fleece coat there is down to $10 today! I just bought one for our mixed breed dog. Paid $12.50 for the same coat the other day when I bought one each for Connor and Razz.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
It can even get down into the 30's here in the Inland Empire at times. Our house is old and drafty, so Connor wears a fleece coat at night when it's chilly. He has a whole wardrobe of different coats.

Razzle sleeps under the blankets, so while she has a couple of coats, it's not as critical for her to wear coats. LOL, not saying she has no coats, tho, she has a couple.
Thank you! You have helped me justifiy my purchases even more! :D

That one fleece coat there is down to $10 today! I just bought one for our mixed breed dog. Paid $12.50 for the same coat the other day when I bought one each for Connor and Razz.
But dang, I guess I should have waited a day and saved a few more bucks! Oh well. Those were pretty good prices to start...

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I ordered one for Nubis but still waiting on how much shipping to Canada will be.
I was surprised to learn that his girth was 29.
Def a great deal at $10...

Reactions: MeadowCat
1 - 20 of 53 Posts