Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Royale Dobermas has CLOSED!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fireworks

It was brought to my attention so I checked out the inspection reports online. I check the site every now and then. This is what I found.

Kennel Status Last Issued License License Type Inspections
ROYALE DOBERMANS
440 N. SUMMIT ROAD
JAMESTOWN PA 16134
County: MERCER Closed - Voluntarily 2011 K2: 51-100 dogs

I am thrilled and I think a few other members here will be glad also. We love our dogs from them but they should not be doing what they are doing. Question for those more expirenced than me...What are the chances she will move again and re-open?? When I got Lexi and Jackson that is exactly what they had done. Inspection reports at that time stated she was evicted from her property. Next report was right after we got Lexi and Jack. Poor Jack must have had such a traumatic move he never got over it.

What would have happened to the 21 dogs that she still had??

SCOREBOARD

BYB-0 DT-1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, this is my first time posting (or responding for that matter), so I hope this goes through correctly :)

I was VERY excited when we found out that Royale Doberman's had closed. We found out through the attorney general's office since we are in an open case against the breeder. I'm hoping that the other dogs find good homes and that that is the end of the line there. The past few years of inspection reports were rather horrible, so with any luck, there won't be a reopening. Either way, I'm glad that I was able to bring good news to you :) We will definitely have to trade stories once the case is closed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately, when I purchased Milo I was depressed. I had just lost my Jax(doberman) who was my best friend and never left my side while I was sick and bed-ridden. I was not thinking right. It was a nightmare dealing with them afterwards. Milo had skin problems/rashes etc and till this day he is very "dandruffy" ..he has an appointment to get his thyroid tested. But we've spent a fortune on antibiotics, shampoos, vet visits etc. Good riddens Royale Dobermans!!:mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Royale Dobermans

Hi!
I am new to posting on this site as well...but i have been paying attention to the comments made about Royale Doberman. I as well haven't had the best of experiences with them. I am actually from a town nearby to where their kennel was. To be honest, I wasn't all that shocked by what I saw as many parts of western PA can look run-down. She keeps her dogs and puppies hidden - clue #1!!! But, 11 years ago I bought a Boxer pup from a garage about 2 miles down the road from Lisa's kennel and she was the best dog I have ever owned so I took a chance.
My puppy from Lisa is now 4 months old. I do believe he was one of the last litters that she had before she closed down. Wondering if anyone out there has puppies from this litter?? Birthdate was 11-16-11. I have called and emailed her several times, as I never received his papers. Luckily his ears look beautiful. Lisa wouldn't tell me the name of the vet who cropped them in Ohio- found that to be strange. I just wanted a name and number so that my own vet here Northern Virginia could have a contact in case something went wrong...Anyone else have this experience?
I probably should have turned around at the first clue, but then I saw my puppy and it almost became a rescue mission. I couldn't wait to get him out of there and he's pretty close to perfect. Just thought posting on here could get me in touch with others who have experienced the things I have....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck getting any info or a return call from Lisa. Once she has your money, she is long gone. Good luck with your pup. I strongly suggest testing for thyroid and dcm. Although Lexi "looked good" when she was 9 months old she tested positive for thyroid at age 2. A few of us who have gotten from her have a variety of health issues. Better to be prepared for your future then shocked when it happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply...
any dogs you know of with heart problems??? Do you know the parents of your dogs? The father of mine was Martino....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good old Martino....He is Lexi's father. Also know of someone else who has a Martino pup (Baron). Lexi is positive for Von Willebrands along with Baron. She is hypothyroid and did test normal for DCM when I had her tested at age 3. We will retest at 5 years old. Baron's problems are much worse than Lexi's. Hip dysplasia, wobblers, aggression issues.

A word of advice, get pet insurance. Most likely you are going to need it. I got it for both Lexi and Jackson and haven't regretted it yet. Sorry you got duped by Lisa but you aren't alone. At least your little boy will have a much better life now with you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have read all of the posts regarding Royale Dobermans and can't say enough about how happy I am that they are closed. I hope that they stay that way. My boy Baron, another Martino offspring, I think has almost everything wrong with him that a Doberman can have, it breaks my heart just to watch him sometimes. He was born October, 2009 and at this point I do not know if he will see his third birthday. We have spent so much time and money at Vet. Referral hospitals it is not funny and yet, at this point, all they can recommend for him is to put him to sleep. He has Vwd, :(:(hip dsplaysia in both hips, but the worst now is the Wobblers. He cannot take any of the normal mediciations because of the Vwd. In addition, he has extreme adverse reactions to any pain medications and unfortunately it manifest as aggression. I know that he doesn't want to act like this and that he loves us very much and that is why this will truly be the hardest decision I can make because I will have to do this before one of us or my other dogs gets severly hurt. Right now we cannot touch the top of his back at all. I forgot the other night and was applying FrontLine and he almost took my hand off. I was able to get a muzzle on him and finish the application, now I will have to do that every month. Please all be careful with your Royale dogs and make sure you test them for Vwd so you can avoid the wrong medications.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe she has a certain amount of days to send the papers, but if she doesn't, you are eligible to go through the attorney general's office and file an official complaint through the puppy lemon law. I would have to re-research in order to remain specifics, but if you do not get the papers by that time frame, I believe she is required by law to refund you ... not sure if it's partial or all.

We have a six month old Doberman from her and that was probably the only problem we did not have with her. She has had numerous skin problems since day one. Thankfully, she did not test positive for vw or tyhroid. But, who knows what the future will bring.

I'm sorry to hear that you are another of Lisa's victims. I was suspicious of her when we first met, but I had a friend who swore up and down that she was this wonderful breeder. Instead of doing more research and trusting my gut, I went with my friend's referral. Lesson learned. I'm just hoping that she is not permitted to reopen and that there aren't any others who have to go through her again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WOW - I am sick... But I take it as a $1350 rescue. He was there no matter what - at least now he can have a great life with access to the best vet care the DC/VA/MD area has to offer. I hope that his poor siblings got out of there.
We are going to start the process of testing. My vet told me yesterday that there is a new blood test that can give a lot of information about the heart....
Skin problems - what should I be looking for? Is it mange? I have seen him bleed a few times (ears, I cut his nail too short, baby teeth falling out) and nothing seemed out of the ordinary with the clotting.... but it's all going to be tested anyway. I am so sorry to hear about your dogs....:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
WOW - I am sick... But I take it as a $1350 rescue. He was there no matter what - at least now he can have a great life with access to the best vet care the DC/VA/MD area has to offer. I hope that his poor siblings got out of there.
We are going to start the process of testing. My vet told me yesterday that there is a new blood test that can give a lot of information about the heart....
Skin problems - what should I be looking for? Is it mange? I have seen him bleed a few times (ears, I cut his nail too short, baby teeth falling out) and nothing seemed out of the ordinary with the clotting.... but it's all going to be tested anyway. I am so sorry to hear about your dogs....:(
The issue we have is mange. She has a weakened immune system that makes it hard for her to manage with demodex mites. Since she can't handle them, it produces an outbreak with hair loss, pussing, and scabbing. She's been doing better, but she's also on two different medicines for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Baron had the demodex mange, he also had head tremors as well. The first time I saw that I was really scared. He has terrible dandruff but since he won't let me touch his back I can't even wipe him down. I guess we will have to muzzle him when the weather is better and give him a good bath. I have him on Fish Oil, 1400 mgs. a day as well as Vit. E & C. He also had terrible acne when he was younger. I did do the Kate Muir test out of Washington State University on him for DCM and he does have one bad gene out of two. Of course, his immune system is completely compromised and I only titer test him rather than vaccinate him for rabies and distemper. I am sure that a shot at this point would send him over the edge. I remember when Lisa was scamming us how she said that this pup was so good she was going to charge $4,000.00 for him. We did not pay that but like the rest of you, we have a very expensive rescue. We love him and will do our best for him for as long as we can. Thanks for all of your support, this is a very hard and difficult time for us to watch him as his pain continues to increase.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Baron had the demodex mange, he also had head tremors as well. QUOTE]

Lexi also has head tremors. When I called Lisa on it she basically accused me of abuse. She said "I don't know her living conditions now". Trust me, way better then you live!!! I keep a journal on her. Everytime she has one we write it down and the length of them. I give her cookies to distract her so they pretty much only last for 1-2 minutes. Her first one was 20 minutes long. Talk about scary when you don't know what you are dealing with. Lisa also claimed that she never had them prior. At 9 months old I find that very hard to believe. Since we have had her they have decreased over the years but at almost 4 years of age I hoped that they would have stopped.

I would also research your boy's pedigree if possible. Jackson has major aggression issues. He has Kimbertal in his lines. He has territorial and dog aggression. If anyone else had taken him, they probably would have put him down already.

My husband always says that if he dies before me he wants to come back as one of my dogs. He would have the best life!!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Kate Meurs DCM gene test

Alj2115, I just want to mention the DCM gene test DOES NOT tell you whether or not your doberman will develop DCM. All the test shows is whether or not your doberman has the gene tested for. This gene is only one of an undetermined number of genes that cause DCM. We have several dogs that have passed or are still alive with DCM who tested negative(didnt have) the dcm gene, as well as some 10 yr olds that tested homozygous. ///// IOW, the test is not a predicter as to whether a doberman will or will not develop DCM. The thread disussing the test is a sticky in the Health Section if you would like to read it and educate yourself.///// Good luck with your pup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Milo

The issue we have is mange. She has a weakened immune system that makes it hard for her to manage with demodex mites. Since she can't handle them, it produces an outbreak with hair loss, pussing, and scabbing. She's been doing better, but she's also on two different medicines for it.

I'm so sad too. My Milo was diagnosed with demodex mange and has been on medication. It cleared up but is back again. My husband is the only one working now and this has been a huge expense for us. I cry because he bought me Milo when my older dobie passed away and now my puppy has problems with the demodex. I'm not sure if Royale dobermans is still in business but hope they are not. Milo is on Ivermectin and a special shampoo. Have you done the mitaban dips? I'm thinking maybe we should try this. We have spent a fortune on Milo since getting him about a yr ago.

·
Got mutt?
13,820 Posts
In my opinion, if he has generalized demodex, Mitaban is the way to go. Ivermactin did nothing for Ilka. Six Mitaban dips later, she was fine. My old dog, Gin, was treated with Mitaban 20+ years ago, and it did the trick for her, also.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry to hear about Milo. I check every now and then to see if Lisa has re-opened anywhere. As far as I know, she hasn't. Then again, I'm not as sneaky as she is. Everytime Jackson snaps at another dog I think, thank goodness I have him because he probably wouldn't be alive today if I didn't take him that day.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
In my opinion, if he has generalized demodex, Mitaban is the way to go. Ivermactin did nothing for Ilka. Six Mitaban dips later, she was fine. My old dog, Gin, was treated with Mitaban 20+ years ago, and it did the trick for her, also.
Elza did, too. When our vet found out Elza suffered demodex, he was so upset about the breeder because it was out of standards for breeders:mad: He also gave weekly shots for 8 weeks and now Elza is completely OK.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts