Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you may remember me asking all sorts of questions about becoming a first time doberman owner.

I have done my research and found that this is the right dog for me. I found Kani dobermans through a member on this forum. I have spoke with Shelby on the phone for a few months now, and I finally got the chance to meet with her and Ken today.

I have to say I was extremly nervous/excited. I could not ask more from a breeder. Incredibly helpful, answered all of my questions, and best of all her dogs were some of the most well behaved I have ever come across. We probably spent 1-2 hours there, I didnt want to leave her dobes were so much fun to be around.

I put my deposit down, so keep your fingers crossed the litter provides what we are looking for. Come february if everything goes right I will be a new doberman owner! Such an exciting experience, so far everything I could have asked for has come true.

Thanks again Shelby!

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Congrats. Stock up on your sleep, now!

Reactions: CH4Sure

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well unfortunatly the puppies wont be ready until february. I will have to see if I can snap a few pics of the puppies next time I am up there. I never sleep as it is, so maybe now I will have some company!

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured I wouild update this... Puppies are due towards the end of this month. Seems like it is light years away.

·
Heat Seeking Missile
522 Posts
hahah awesome! Keep yourself busy because minutes will feel likes hours, days will feel like weeks and weeks will feel like a months!

Can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The anticipation is part of the joy of owning one of these critters. In the interim you could post photos of mom and dad. I think it's awesome that you spent so much time with the parents of your puppy. Are you getting a male or female? Do you have him/her named yet?

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Time for a thread update. Puppies were born late January, and they are doing great. I havent been able to log on lately since I am closing on my house finally. Here are some pictures. Only about a month away from picking up my two little babies.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very cute! But wait, you are getting 2? Read up on littermate rearing. Usually it isn't recommended to raise puppies together.
I have done my research on the subject, and I appreciate the input. We have still decided to go with two.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are male/female littermates. This may be my first doberman(s), but they will not be my first dogs. I am confident in my choice, and my abilities. Like I said before I appreciate the input but I am still going with two.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm just curious as to why you would want two "now." My one pup is more than enough to keep me busy with training, socializing, exercising, etc. My attitude is that I want to make sure I get it right with him before worrying about a second dog. I can always get a second dog later.

Other than having the option of letting the two dogs wear themselves out rather than you having to do it, what is the reasoning for wanting two dogs? And if this is completely off base that's fine, I apologize. I'm just trying to understand your reasoning.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Dobermans are not the same as other dogs, no matter how experienced you may be with dogs, you have never had a doberman. I really do question a breeder who would sell you littermates. I wish you luck though.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.