Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think on Sunday she must have gotten into something that gives her the runs. Yesterday she had the runs and today she has had the runs. I got home from work to a huge mess of doggy poop in the bathroom. I will be calling the vet as soon as they get back from lunch to see what I need to do. I have been making sure she is drinking plenty of water.

I really hope this passes soon.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Poor Gracie! I hope she feels better soon :sadcry: Hopefully she's just got an upset tummy from something naughty she ate. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
ive been through that recently, one of the dogs heart meds gave him severe cannon butt!

definitely make sure she is drinking enough, and for now i would not feed her at all. your vet can get to you from there, but she wont be hurt by not eating for half a day or so. you then would probably go to a bland diet to wean her back onto her regular food.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well of course after I called the vet I took Gracie outside. She had a very healthy looking poop. :3dbiggrin So I called the vet back and let them know about her healthy poop. They said to just keep an eye on her over the next day or two to make sure it remains that way. If it goes back to the runny stuff I have to take her in. On Sunday she had liquorish, (sp?) so we are thinking that is what did this to her. Lets hope hope she is better and has healthy stuff over the next couple of days. :dancing_b

Oh and "cannon butt" made me laugh pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I am so glad that she is feeling better.. for the future.. take away all food for 12 to 24 hours.. then start back on a bland diet.. Rice..ground beef, apple sauce, pumpkin(just a little) then slowly increase to regular diet.. Always call your vet when in doubt if is last more that a day or if it is bloody, or if it is totally undercontrolable.. Good luck
Dobermans Rule!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
frznbuns said:
I am so glad that she is feeling better.. for the future.. take away all food for 12 to 24 hours.. then start back on a bland diet.. Rice..ground beef, apple sauce, pumpkin(just a little) then slowly increase to regular diet.. Always call your vet when in doubt if is last more that a day or if it is bloody, or if it is totally undercontrolable.. Good luck
Dobermans Rule!

A+ on advice once again! :3dbiggrin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts