Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well where do I begin? First of all Gracie is fine. :)

We had to go over to my brothers house today, he lost his job on Monday. So my mom sent him some money while I got him a bag of dog food. He didn't want to take it so I told him Gracie didn't like it. Sneaky, sneaky I know. So we went over there to drop it off and we let Gracie play with her rott cousin Ginger.

Gracie comes running out to the kitchen with a huge smile on her face. She has to come check in with us every so often. Well hubby took on look at her and asked me if it was blood or a toy chewed apart in her mouth. So I told her to sit in front of me, and it was blood. He mouth was covered in it. So I kept trying to see where the blood was coming from. I couldn't figure it out at all. So Gracie started walking around the kitchen and there was blood all over the floor where she was walking. So I lifted up one foot at a time and checked them. There was nothing. So we got the mess cleaned up and got her to drink some water to rinse the blood out of her mouth and got her ready to go. We walked out of their house got in the car. I picked up my cell phone and called the vet. (I might as well have them programed as my send button.) They told me to try and find where the blood was coming from. So we figured it out on our way into the vets office. She must have bit her tounge while playing with Ginger. So I called the vet back and told them what I found they told us not to worry about it and go home.

Before anyone asks why we weren't watching them. We were we could see everything they were doing. We could hear everything as well. The only growling we heard was Ginger which was her play growl and also her "purr". My first thought was they played to hard and someones teeth sunk in to far. No one made a peep *caugh* Gracie *caugh*, she never cried or anything. It was no big deal to her at all. While I am standing up cleaning up blood off the floor, I thought I was going to have a heart attack by the time we left there.

P.S. if this makes my dog sound like a wuss ask for a differant story. I am sure I can come up with one that will reflect well on this breed...... On the way home I asked Gracie how I should post this with out Lexus or Brum coming to take her. She refused to comment and just kept pushing on the sunroof to open in.

·
Registered
891 Posts
>Before anyone asks why we weren't watching them. We were we could see everything they were doing. We could hear everything as well.<

Gracie's Mom ...accidents happen whether you are watching or not!!

Been there done that, with the dogs and the kids!!! Poor thing!! She is doing better now? are you OK? LOL

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
It sounds like Gracie was born a McIntire (my maiden name) we are all very hearty people but so very accident prone!!!!
Glad she's doing better - I bet she'd argue that all her "injuries" are worth the fun she has when she gets them :)
Your brother is lucky to have a caring family too!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
sometimes I am amazed how dogs can play and not even get a scratch on each other lol....or even if they do get a pretty bad ouchy...they don't seem to care...they just continue to smile and pant...probably looking at us and saying "why are you panicing!" lol. and that is very nice of you to bring dog food for your brother! :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very accident prone myself. When I bit my tounge it freaking hurt, if I ever bit it hard enough to bleed I would probably cry. She didn't even so much as yelp or anything.

My brother told her that she is a doberman and can take the pain. I guess he was right. I guess I am the one that can't take the pain. Lol. Figures.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
I am very accident prone myself. When I bit my tounge it freaking hurt, if I ever bit it hard enough to bleed I would probably cry. She didn't even so much as yelp or anything.

My brother told her that she is a doberman and can take the pain. I guess he was right. I guess I am the one that can't take the pain. Lol. Figures.
Well, first of all, dog's tongues are completely different then ours, so I don't think it's a fair assesment of the pain involved to compare that to one of us biting our tongue.

2nd of all, your bro is right :) I bet the entire time you were freaking out trying to figure out why she's got blood on her, she was prancin around, big smile on her face, thinking watcha doing human? are we playing a game? are we? are we? watcha doing? you wanna look at my paws? oh this is fun? what'da ya wanna do next? huh? huh? this is fun! :p

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Zucker said:
2nd of all, your bro is right :) I bet the entire time you were freaking out trying to figure out why she's got blood on her, she was prancin around, big smile on her face, thinking watcha doing human? are we playing a game? are we? are we? watcha doing? you wanna look at my paws? oh this is fun? what'da ya wanna do next? huh? huh? this is fun! :p
LOL I think you just captured the very essence of a Dobes mentality!!! :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She was pretty much acting just like that. Except when I lifted her paws, her tail (nub) went down her ears went back flat against her head and head went very low. As soon as I was done she was fine and followed me around while I was trying to clean up and check her out again.

·
Registered
742 Posts
PeeWeesMama said:
Gracie's Mom ...accidents happen whether you are watching or not!!
Couldnt agree more!
King bite his tongue almost daily an it makes me nervous every time. Ill see some blood on my finger or hand and be like, "what the heck". Then ill go searching for the source and sure enough, he bit his tongue while playing fetch. Although a month back there was a LOT of blood on the carpet(god bless carpet cleaners) and im not sure how but he had a pea sized hole in one of his pads. Went to take him to the vet but they told me just to clean it and wrap it in some breathable bandaid. Not sure why i ranted about that, but oh well. :punk:

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Dogs can play so hard with eachother, and dobes are so hard for themselfs, 2
weeks ago, Yordi has a big hump in his neck, and it stays that way, I went to the vet and she takes some out of it, and it seems to be a overripe spot they play so rough sometimes. Glad its nothing seriously.

Here a pic from the two boys who are playing!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. I feel so much better. Her tounge is doing fine. You can still see the little "cut" if you look hard enough at the right area. I guess I am learning that my heart really works and can go a mile a minute when something happens.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
Well where do I begin? First of all Gracie is fine. :)

We had to go over to my brothers house today, he lost his job on Monday. So my mom sent him some money while I got him a bag of dog food. He didn't want to take it so I told him Gracie didn't like it. Sneaky, sneaky I know. So we went over there to drop it off and we let Gracie play with her rott cousin Ginger.

Gracie comes running out to the kitchen with a huge smile on her face. She has to come check in with us every so often. Well hubby took on look at her and asked me if it was blood or a toy chewed apart in her mouth. So I told her to sit in front of me, and it was blood. He mouth was covered in it. So I kept trying to see where the blood was coming from. I couldn't figure it out at all. So Gracie started walking around the kitchen and there was blood all over the floor where she was walking. So I lifted up one foot at a time and checked them. There was nothing. So we got the mess cleaned up and got her to drink some water to rinse the blood out of her mouth and got her ready to go. We walked out of their house got in the car. I picked up my cell phone and called the vet. (I might as well have them programed as my send button.) They told me to try and find where the blood was coming from. So we figured it out on our way into the vets office. She must have bit her tounge while playing with Ginger. So I called the vet back and told them what I found they told us not to worry about it and go home.

Before anyone asks why we weren't watching them. We were we could see everything they were doing. We could hear everything as well. The only growling we heard was Ginger which was her play growl and also her "purr". My first thought was they played to hard and someones teeth sunk in to far. No one made a peep *caugh* Gracie *caugh*, she never cried or anything. It was no big deal to her at all. While I am standing up cleaning up blood off the floor, I thought I was going to have a heart attack by the time we left there.

P.S. if this makes my dog sound like a wuss ask for a differant story. I am sure I can come up with one that will reflect well on this breed...... On the way home I asked Gracie how I should post this with out Lexus or Brum coming to take her. She refused to comment and just kept pushing on the sunroof to open in.
If she did she would have said "let me go to join the pack in England with uncle brum" :)
:emo11: :3dbiggrin :help_up_2

·
Registered
64 Posts
You should be more worried that now your killer doberkid has tasted blood.... and LIKED IT... The world is not safe for humans anymore!!!!

=P

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I think that blood is like baby spit-up - a little seems like a lot. Not that I wouldn't freak out just a tad if I turned around and saw Java's bloody paw prints on the floor! Accidents will happen - even when the dogs are playfully wrestling at the dog park, their mouths are open and those teeth are sharp - whether the dogs mean business or not. Accidents do happen. I have found small areas on Java where a tooth has barely injured the skin during play and a slight, shallow scab has formed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts