Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on Sunday, we left Gracie out in the back yard. I would go and check on her every ten minutes or so. I checked on her and everything was fine, she was just sun bathing. So I went back to filling the dish washer. Hubby goes walking into the bathroom to clean it. As he walked in there he said "Oh Sh*t" I asked what was wrong and he said nothing as he ran out the back door. So I go running out there thinking there is something wrong with my dog. By the time I got out there nothing was wrong. I asked what happen and he told me Gracie go out of the yard. I asked him how the hell that happened. He said he didn't know. So we walked around to check the fence, and there was nothing wrong. So I walked into the garage, and the big garage door was wide open. I asked hubby if he shut the small side door all the way. He said yes. So the only thing we can come up with, is the small side door to the garage didn't latch and Gracie then opened it and went out to the drive way and started eating Gracie. So she is no longer allowed to be outside by her self unless the garage is closed up. Both doors need to be closed in order for her to be out on her own. :) Lesson learned!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I am glad everything is ok, the tittle and the sad face on your thread scared me. lol

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
OMG I am so glad that Gracie is OK, the little whipper snapper! Thank God your husband saw something wrong so quickly. You might have to rename her Dora the Explorer! LOL

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
They are way to smart for their own good, Rommel has learned how to open the door to his crate (from the inside) I dont have a clue how he does it, but it has happened twice. He also likes to change the channel on the TV.

I'm glad that you guys caught it right away, and she didnt go anywhere. I mean what doberman would want to leave their house, and pool right? :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BackInBlack said:
They are way to smart for their own good, Rommel has learned how to open the door to his crate (from the inside) I dont have a clue how he does it, but it has happened twice. He also likes to change the channel on the TV.

I'm glad that you guys caught it right away, and she didnt go anywhere. I mean what doberman would want to leave their house, and pool right? :D
That's one reason Gracie no longer has her cage, she could open it and let her self out. :) She also knows how to turn the tv on and off. Without the remote. When she gets mad at me she will run up and turn the tv off then on off then on.

She would leave her house and her pool behind for the neighbor kids. She adores kids. So the pool means nothing when it comes to kids. And they have a bigger pool. Lol.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Glad she is okay! The Doberman my family had like 15 years ago when I was a little girl knew how to simply open the screen door.

When she gets mad at me she will run up and turn the tv off then on off then on.
I can just picture that! "Oh my gosh I can't not believe them!!! (stomps over to the tv) (looks back at you)(looks at the tv and starts turning it on and off)(Stops and looks back at you again with an angry angry face)(gracie gasps!) "WHY IS SHE LAUGHING!!! I am being REAL SERIOUS!" (and she continues to turn it off and on to try to teach you a lesson! still wearing her angry face!)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
haha no...but i can just imagine duchess doing something like that if she knew how to turn on and off the tv! hehe probably because when she steals socks and stuff...she looks at us....then looks at the sock...then looks at us...and RUNS and STEALS the sock...she then runs away to the stairs and with the sock in her mouth she looks at us like "YEAH SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?" I say Duchess's slogan and many other dobes is the one from southpark where cartmen is pretending to be such a bad child on a talk show and he said "WHATEVER! I DO WHAT I WANT!" lol

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Katie,
Repeat after me - "I will not scare my good friends at Doberman Talk like this again!"
The sad face and the title about gave me a heart attack - Not a difficult thing to do with 2 Espressos in me at 3:50 am :)

So glad she's back safe and sound :) I like the suggestion of nick naming her Dora the Explorer :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Me too-had to read quick- heart rate slowing now-panic over-do not do that-
jeez i'm an old man don't you know.I thought something bad had happened,thank god she was O.K.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cedric can open his kennel too, naughty boy! So I usually add a couple of snap locks to the door and he has only managed to open one of them so far.....:) He hasn't figured out how to change the TV channel yet but he will change the radio station in the truck if he doesn't like the music!
Glad Gracie is safe:)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm happy that Gracie was not harmed. Good thing your husband noticed her. Good thing there is also grass for her to graze on. I'm glad she is safe at home.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm glad everything is alright with Gracie.
I don't know if we have a problem with Max or not. Our new neighborhood, all the backyards are fenced. Max has a new girlfriend, Sophie, a couple houses down. He never really paid much attention to her, but one day when we were playing, Sophie barked. Max stopped, sat down, & stared at her for about 30 minutes. Then one day, we were trying to go for a ride, Max went running into the neighbor's yard so he could get nose to nose with Sophie, only 1 fence between the 2 of the. He tried hard to not come with me & Sophie was very mad at me for trying to make him go. I also noticed Max gets very mad when Sophie's parents raise their voices at her.

Max has also become very territorial in his new yard. His fence is about 20 feet from the sidewalk, but he makes alot of noise when a dog is being walked past....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts