Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always tried to trick Gracie into taking her pills. I would throw it in her food, wrap it in cheese, give her a little peice of steak with it, or what ever. Well I found the trick to make her take it every time! :D And it's the easiest thing in the world. I get a little treat, hold out the pill she takes the pill out of my hand then she gets her treat. So far every time I have done this it has worked perfectly! And I also cut back on the treats every time! I will have to assume that the pill tastes good, since my cat tried to eat it as well. I guess this just gives me one more reason to be proud of my doberkid....

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
I have to use peanut butter. :) It is so thick and sticky I just put a pill on some PB on a spoon. Takira licks the spoon clean pills and all. :D

TD

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to toss Scoob the pill like a treat and he'd gobble it up, none the wiser.
If you toss anything at Gracie she looks at you like your a fool.

have to use peanut butter. It is so thick and sticky I just put a pill on some PB on a spoon. Takira licks the spoon clean pills and all.
Never thought of the peanut butter trick!

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you toss anything at Gracie she looks at you like your a fool.
Hehe, Ava too. If you toss a cookie at her, it'll just bounce off her head and she'll look at you like 'well that was rude!"

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dobe_Paws said:
Hehe, Ava too. If you toss a cookie at her, it'll just bounce off her head and she'll look at you like 'well that was rude!"
I've done that to Gracie before! Then I tried to toss one to her again and as I went to toss she walked away so it wouldn't bounce off her head. Lol.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
LoL.. LOL.. Raven was like that for a long time.. we would toss her something and it would hit her in the head. She would look at up like " DuH Was I suppose to catch that.. OH!:duh_6b:
Well, it took almost 4 years but now she catchs like a champ.. You have to start out dropping it from straight up above them but not to high.. and then when they open their mouth more and more.. you can start to throw it towards them..
Ok as for pills.. I use peanut butter also.. my guys get up to 10 vitimans a day so we have to get the military size container of peanut butter. when I give it to them.. I make sure that I put it on the roof of the mouth so they have to lick and swallow alot.. and the pills go down...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts