Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mannfeld
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To update all....

After a couple of misses with various rescue Dobes I stumbled on a local breeder that was going to have a 1) rehome pooch coming in and 2) had just bred here champion dog to local bitch of which I could probably get in on the puppies. I went to meet her and talk more about these options. I visited her and met some of here other Dobes. At the end of the visit as I was going over my options out of the blue she added that here 3 yr red dog, a regional AKC champ, needed a good home and asked if I would be interested in him. I said I would think about it.

Well I thought about it and decided to give it a shot. Torque (BTW as I'm in the motorsports business the name fits perfectly) came over last week for a few day visit to see how he & I got along. Well I'm happy to say we got along GREAT! So now he's here to stay.

So meet my Torque!

Michael

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Congratulations on your new boy. I hope you dont believe in proving dominance by force. Dobes do so much better with a firm but kind positive attitude. I wouldnt say that, but he looks very worried and him looking away with flattened ears is showing he is worried. It could be he is just worried about the camera. Do you have the books, The Power of Positive Dog Training, The Other End of the Leash and On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals? They are all great to read and apply methods. You and your new boy will benefit. Torque, ha, sounds "meant to be", doesnt it? :) ///// Okay, just read your explanation, makes sense why he is looking that way. Thanks for explaining. What is Torques registered name, if you dont mind saying?

·
Mannfeld
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, he does get that somewhat "What in the Hell are ya doing?" kind of look. The breeder and trainer (2 different people) both said this is his look when he is confused as to what I want. i.e. he isn't understanding what I'm up to....

No I'm more of a "kill 'em with kindness" kind of person. Although I had done most of the training on my previous Dobe that was better than a couple of decades ago so I did need a bit of a "re-train the trainer" session. He's a pretty smart pooch and is picking up on my cues quickly.

Actually I didn't ask about his registered name but I think it's "Ch. Tamra's "All Torqued Up"

Ya know, I'm not much of a "this was supposed to be" kinda person, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the coincidence of it could seem that it was "meant to be."

Not familar with those specific titles but I will give them a look/see and potentially do the Amazon thing.

·
Registered
939 Posts
He is a handsome boy! Congrats and welcome :)

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yes, Amazon has all the books. I dont thing any one of them is over $12 new and you can pick up used even cheaper. The On Talking Terms with Dogr: Calming Signals really helps you read what your dog is trying to tell you. All the books are just a great read. You really lucked out on getting such a beautiful sweet boy!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Congrats! It sounds like you totally lucked out with this handsome boy! Already a CH, mature, basic training...sounds like a BLESSING to me. :D

Don't hesitate on the photos...the more the better.

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Wonderful news! He is very handsome and I'm glad he ended up in a nice home where he will get lots of love and attention. Is this your first Doberman? You will love the books recommended.

·
Mannfeld
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep I think I did luck out with this one. Just like I did with my first Dobie, Mannfeld. It's ony been about a week so we're still getting to know one another. He is a good boy and I'm lucky he is adopting me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts