1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloud Sky Dog Mountain Plant
Cloud Sky Dog Mountain Plant
Run free

I lost my Jada two weeks ago. This is the first I have been able to write about it and stay with it. I almost left it as is, but I think she deserves the tribute. She was just short
of her ten year mark.
The most fabulous dog I have ever owned. She was devoted to me and she made me feel that her whole existence was to watch out for me. Friendly to people, but not overso.
Others were Ok, but I was everything to her. Any place Jada was, she was she owned it. The other dogs looked to her to set the day and the place. We are all lost. My house feels
empty. She was the only one allowed to sleep in my room on the floor by my bed. The others would wait until she came out of my room to start the day and even a week
after they would look expectedly at my door to see where she was. They still go and inspect her place on the couch, uncertain if they are allowed.
I know I can never replace her. She had her vices and the worse was eating things she shouldn't. She had two obstructions in the past, silly things, too. This last one she
just could not make it through. It was one thing I didn't expect - a pinecone she tried to devour, and did.
She was so healthy, I took for granted she would be with me much longer. She was tough. She kept up with the guys. Never instigated, but never backed down to a challenge.
I have many stories about her. The one to give you a portrait of who she was is this story. We were in obedience class doing the 3 minute down when just before the time was
up a dog broke and then another and then the whole class was upended in mayhem - all except one and she was still looking steadfastly at me. The instructor thru up her hands
and laughed and said, 'class dismissed', since it was almost time anyway. I said, 'please wait until my girl finishes the order' She couldn't believe Jada was still in the down.
That was Jada and how much trust and faith she placed in me. How fortunate I was to own one like her.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grey Fawn

"Ever faithful, ever true." ~ Irongates East of the Sunrise, CGC, WAC 'Jada'

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your gril.
Sleep softly, precious.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,768 Posts
I'm so very sorry.

Reactions: Cressrb and LadyDi

·
Premium Member
Mocha
5,379 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. R.I.P., Jada.

·
Super Moderator
23,264 Posts
I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this. I know how very loved she was. Please know that you are in my thoughts and that the DT community is here for you.

·
Big Lil pup
8,289 Posts
Oh Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about Jada's passing.

Pica is so hard to deal with. I have to deal with McCoy's everyday. His cravings are limited to grass, weeds and dirt. But, no matter how close watch him, and regardless of the consequences, he cannot help himself. It is hard to imagine how such a well trained dog is completely unable to control these impulses.

Run free beautiful Jada

John L
Portland OR

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
I'm so very sorry.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 7 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
6,365 Posts
Your poignant tribute to Jada really exemplifies the true nature of Dobermans and why we are so obsessed with them, in a good way.
The picture of Jada running free in the pastoral setting, yet still honed in on some perceived threat in the distance, says it all.
I'm sure the wonderful home, love and guidance you provided Jada, compensated her well for a lifetime of service and devotion to your family.
Maybe for Jada, just being a Doberman was reason enough...
So sorry for your loss. 😔

·
Premium Member
13,063 Posts
Ah Bonnie, We have all read it and many of us have written it--these dogs, no matter how long we have them it isn't long enough.

Go, Jada, where our good dogs go--to live on in memory--the pain of the loss eventually fades and the memories live on to comfort us...

My heartfelt condolences...

dobebug

1 - 20 of 35 Posts