Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Scout, age 5 months as of Oct.1 2021
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit slow putting this here, my friend Loki passed over The Rainbow Bridge 4:20AM Sept. 4, 2021. He now joins my friends waiting for me on the other side. Sam, Sasha, Niro, Tony, Delta, Pilot and now Loki. I miss them all, and I do miss Loki so. Their time with us is so short but it's so very special. All of them had their own special ways to say I love you, Sam would sit there and stare at me. Sasha would run around me and spin to a stop. Niro would open any door, climb any fence and come into any store to find me, then sit next to me as long as I stayed where ever I was. Tony would put his head in my lap. Delta would just stand on my foot. Pilot was my alarm clock and protector. Every morning he would stand by the bed with his head facing mine, when it was time to get up he would start to nudge me and then bark till I got up. One time he started barking at every Cardiologist commercial that came on TV or radio, then run over to me, polk me with his nose and look at the TV and bark wildly. He convinced me to get a checkup, there was a blockage that would have killed me within a month. Loki would smile and gently hold my arm whenever I came home. He would lay on his back and twist his head to the side when he wanted to say "I love you". He was my constant companion all day and all night for the last 2 years, we were never apart for more than a few minutes. He loved to ride in the pickup truck and would go crazy at the word ride, the sight of his seatbelt or the sound of the truck keys, he loved to go to the pool although he would never go in the water only run around with his dog friends there. I miss all my friends but I know they had the best life possible with me. Rest in Peace my friends I'll see you on the other side.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,783 Posts
I'm so sorry...it sounds like you guys had a special relationship. And you're right--all of our dogs have something unique about them to love. But there is something that is the same about them too--they're never here with us long enough.

·
Super Moderator
22,695 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
Scout, age 5 months as of Oct.1 2021
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my. I hope they wait long and patiently and all leap upon you at once when you cross that bridge. Beautiful stories and memories forever. All dobies?
Yes, all Dobies. I fell in love with the breed when I met the first 2 at a place I worked in high school, Tag and Nemo. They had them as watchdogs. After knowing them , I just had to have a Dobie. I got Sam, I had Sasha and Niro at the same time, Sasha was Niro's mother. She lived to 15 almost 16 and Niro lived to 14. They all have brought me great happiness and been the biggest blessing of my life. All since those first 3 have been rescues, except my newest friend, Scout. I tried finding a rescue here, but it's not like back home in The US, all of them that I found were not trained and not treated right, so I found a leftover puppy. He has been with me for almost 2 weeks now, he's a Dobie too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts