Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby Jake crossed the bridge this week - six year old red male that injured his spine to the point of developing full paralysis in his hind end within 24 hours. It was so painful telling my six year old daughter to say goodbye to her buddy as we watched the paralysis move through his body.

I am still in shock that we lost our friend...the vets had no answer to what happened to him. We didn't have enough time to say goodbye.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Im very sorry to hear of Jake's passing, especially at such a young age. Best wishes to you and your family.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers out to you and your daughter. Jake is now pain free and running with the other dogs now.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Sooo sad. I remember losing my lab that my parents got when I was born. I had such an emotional attachment to that baby girl. Your daughter is going to be very hurt. Make sure she gets all the love in the world.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Rest in Peace Jack - so very sorry for your loss.......

·
Small Handful of Woman
1,783 Posts
So sorry to hear about Jake.
I have a six-year-old son, and can't imagine how he would deal with losing his buddy. Hugs and prayers to you and your daughter, hope you can find the strength to make it through this together.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
So very sorry for your loss.

·
Maximus Odin Aurelius
549 Posts
RIP and run over the Rainbow Bridge pain free Jake.

I ONLY WANTED YOU
They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
I'm very sorry for your family's tragic loss.

RIP Jake

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Jake.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have walked in your shoes and the pain is still there.........tears still fill my eyes thinking about when I held my male doberman in my arms as the vet gave him his shot.You never forget because dogs touch our lives and souls for a life time........I'm so sorry for your great loss! God be with your family during this time..............

1 - 20 of 31 Posts