Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
This is going to be my last post on here as we sadley have to rehome Wez. As you know his dominance problem has been getting worse and yesterday he jumped on my 2yr old daughter to get food out of her hand, when she told him no he went for her. Sadley this behaviour is unacceptable as we have 3 young children. I have found him a lovely home with experianced dobe owners who have recently lost their dog. He will be living on a farm and will have people with him 24 hours a day which is what he needs.
Thank you for all your help and support with him and it has been lovely to be welcomed into such a friendly board.
We gave Wez a chance of life that he would never have had and in turn he gave us a very memorable 6 months. It is with a heavy heart that we have to do this but it is for the best.
Thanks again. Vikki and Wez.

We love you Wez xxxxx

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope his new owners might pop in now and then and let us know how he is doing in his new life.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I am sorry Vikki, I know this must be hard especially since you raised him from such a young age but your babies must come first!!! We will miss Wes too but sounds like you found him a good home.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww that is to bad :( make sure to tell his new family about the forum! dont be shy about stopping in every once and awhile to say hi...just cause you dont have wez anymore :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I am sorry that you had to give him up knowing all the love that you have put into him.. Good luck WEZ in your new home!

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Must be hard for you to take a decision like this, for the benefit of the dog! Especially when you raised him as a baby, Lucky you found a nice home for him!

It must feel very sad!

I will think of you in this diffecult time!

·
Registered
89 Posts
"I have found him a lovely home with experianced dobe owners who have recently lost their dog. He will be living on a farm and will have people with him 24 hours a day which is what he needs."

Congratulations on finding him a new home. We must always do what's best for our kids, both human and canine, and you've made the correct decision.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Aww Vicki that is so sad and a legacy of what byb's can produce,all you can say is you gave it your best shot,at least you gave him his life which is more than can be said of his littermates,more power to you gal and don't be a stranger you could still come and say hi any time you want to .

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Awww sorry to hear Wez could not co exist but I am so glad you found him a home.

Please dont leave DT you can still hang out and say Hi every now and then cant ya? :)

TD

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi everyone. Thanks for your lovely messages. I'm going to be staying in touch with his new owners so if you still want me i'll say hi lol :) Gizz my lab can be a honoury dobe. Just because things didnt work out with Wez doesnt mean that we will never get another dobe we probably will but when the kids are much older. I know we did Wez a favour and we gave him a life but I have known all along that we were treading on egg shells because he was from a puppy farm. We tried to stear him but unfourntally it was in his nature to be like that and through no fault of his own he was not in a good enviroment being with another dog and children. It has been a hard descion but i would rather let him go now then let him get stuck in his ways and something terrible to happen. We have tried our best and you guys have been great thank you for all the support it has been lovely to be part of this board and if you still want me i'm happy to stay lol.
Vikki x

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ohhh you have to look out for number one and that is your human family. Wes will be happy with his new family. Hugs...

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm sorry that he didn't work out with you. But you did such a wonderful thing for him. That is so hard. Most people wouldn't have done that and put in the time and effort. Updates would be great to hear you know on how he is doing in his new home. He is such a handsome boy. You did a wonderful job with him. We can always disguise Gizz as a doberman so you will stay! :)

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
I wish him good luck in his new home, and sincerely hope that things work out for him as I know you have put much time and effort into raising him.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Yes stay, you don't have to have a dobe to be here!! Alot of the information here applies to all dogs. I hope Wez is happy and I think you did the right thing.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Ohhh vikki, I am so sorry you had to make this decision. I am sure you are doing the right thing for little Wez (he will always be little Wez - no matter how big he gets!) and for your human family. please don't leave our group. now you are just a dobe owner in waiting..

cc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts