Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with great sadness and heavy heart that I have to say we had to let our boy go to the Rainbow Bridge this past January. He was 14 1/2 and his legs just gave out. It was hard to bring myself to write anything and even now still miss him. He was the love of my life.

I have 2 of his pups and their mother but that still does not take his place. He had a good 4 years playing with his pups. I let them smell his ashes but I don't know if they knew. Do they know? When I mention his name they look for him.

The vet let us stay as long as we wanted. I sang a little song I made up just for him, something I used to sing to him the last year of his life. I wanted him to hear my voice and let that be the last thing he heard as he passed. I did not want to part with him but I knew he was gone. It was too quick. Their lives are too short. I know he is running free now, no pain. Why does one certain dog affect us more than others. Why do we feel a stronger bond with one over another? I love them all but this guy was, and still is, a part of my heart.

I made a video of his life in pictures and posted on YouTube Alex - YouTube

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,616 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May your wonderful memories of Alex bring you some comfort during this difficult time.

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Beautiful photo tribute. He was lovely. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute. RIP Alex.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Alex. What a GRAND old age he attained, one that most of us will never see with our beloved dobes. Hope you can find some peace in that he lived to be very old and had a great life.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry for your loss... Unfortunately I know how hard it is :(

RIP Alex

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Sorry for your loss.
Loved your tribute. He was a beautiful boy, I loved his white whiskers.

I know just how you feel as we lost our 14 1/2 year old girl last June. Her back legs finally gave out on her too. She had the most fantastic life as I'm sure your Alex did. Hang on to all those wonderful memories you have of your life together, it does get easier. I miss my old girl like crazy, but I know that she's free from her tired old body & is running free like a puppy again.

RIP Alex (and Missy)
Run free at the bridge old dobes, free from pain.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I am crying tears of sorry for you and tears of love for Alex.
Yes, they have such an impact on our lives.
I'm sure your boy went peacefully knowing his mom was there singing to him and loving him right until the last moment.
I am so so sorry for you. I understand its hard to even write about.
Its been over 2 years since Garth passed (his back legs gave out too) and I held him in my arms. Yep, the lump in my throat in still there.

Our comfort is knowing they are running and playing and being saucy Dobermans. No more striving to be brave, just peace.

Please accept a big cyberhug from me.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
Sorry for your loss, take comfort in knowing he had a very long life for a Dobermann. RIP Alex.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Such a wonderful tribute to such an amazing guy. I wish I could answer you about what makes some more special to us than others? But I can see how Alex certainly was that one in a million for you.. I fell in love with him myself.
Prayers for peace with the pain.
Kate and Sofia

·
Registered
371 Posts
So terribly sorry about Alex's passing...he was so beautiful and so loved...the tribute had me sobbing as I thought of my girl Isis , who I lost to cancer 2 years ago at 6 years of age. How wonderful that Alex lived to such a wonderful old age....and a tribute to your loving care as well. God Bless....Margie, Max, Hope and Angel Isis

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts