Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Good News for Toro

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  LapDog 
#1 ·
hello everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but you may recall my posting about a bone growth disorder in my Dobe pup, and the vet's diagnosis that surgery would be required to fix it.

Well, I'm glad to report that I got another opinion from a well-respected vet here in L.A. and it was her assessment that the dog has "rickets", which can be corrected nutritionally. Apparently, this is not uncommon in shelter or rescue animals. Well, I've been feeding Toro calcium and phosphorous supplements for a few weeks and I'm glad to say that he seems to be doing great! :dancing_b

He's about 4 months now and looking robust and healthy and we will be starting puppy training on Saturday. I've been training him already on my own with some success. He's housebroken and understands basic come, sit, NO commands.

Here's a shot from a couple weeks ago...

See less See more
#2 ·
Rebel73 said:
Well, I'm glad to report that I got another opinion from a well-respected vet here in L.A. and it was her assessment that the dog has "rickets", which can be corrected nutritionally. Apparently, this is not uncommon in shelter or rescue animals. Well, I've been feeding Toro calcium and phosphorous supplements for a few weeks and I'm glad to say that he seems to be doing great! :dancing_b
This is wonderful news!! Thanks for letting us know, I'd wondered what had happened with Toro.

#3 ·
Thank you for the update. Was wondering about Toro. So glad to hear he is doing better and things are figured out. He is a lucky guy.

#4 ·
Oh my gosh he is so cute! Those eyes are so unique! Are those the way his eyes really are!!!! they kinda look like you put your own eyes on him in a photoshop lol :) haha he is very cute though! and Im glad to here he didnt need surgery...its always good to get a second opinion with something as serious as surgery! :) keep us updated:)

#5 ·
LapDog said:
Oh my gosh he is so cute! Those eyes are so unique! Are those the way his eyes really are!!!! they kinda look like you put your own eyes on him in a photoshop lol :) haha he is very cute though! and Im glad to here he didnt need surgery...its always good to get a second opinion with something as serious as surgery! :) keep us updated:)
He he, You are very observant. Actually, in the original picture he had red eye, and I used a photo editor to correct it. Apparently, it humanized his eyes! He he. I left it though cause I thought it looked cool.

#8 ·
He he, You are very observant. Actually, in the original picture he had red eye, and I used a photo editor to correct it. Apparently, it humanized his eyes! He he. I left it though cause I thought it looked cool.
haha, yeah I didnt catch it on the first glance but then I looked again and first I was like wow green eyes! and then I was like wow green eyes with the brown still around them and a perfect circle glare! lol :) with those humanized eyes Im waiting for Toro to talk to me lol

#18 ·
BackInBlack said:
Oh I love the first one with the bandanna. He is a very cute little dude. Scary snake though. My neighbor had one that turned up in her yard that looked kind of like that.
thanks! Actually, that's a wooden snake I picked up in Tijuana. It's made of many segments so when you pick it up it actually squirms and looks real. he he.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.