Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every one says socialize and classes is there any specific classes or things people can reccomend in Southern California?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
alienex said:
Every one says socialize and classes is there any specific classes or things people can reccomend in Southern California?

YES! Socializing is the most important thing you can do for your pup and future! You can start by calling your local vet or area vets, they are bound to have someone to recommend to you to start puppy kindergarten. Let us know how the hunt goes!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
If you go to www.jbradhshaw.com then click on "clubs", then scroll way down,you'll find a list of obedience classes by city in CA. I had good luck finidng a good obedience class through the Parks and Recreation Dept. in the town I live in, so that might be something else to check out.

I'd go watch a class in session before I signed up and paid my money. Talk to the trainer and see how their classes are handled before deciding which one to go to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anything by Ian Dunbar.... he's awesome

There are 2 books in particular
Before You Get Your Puppy
and
After You Get Your Puppy
both by Ian Dunbar

Leslie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duke is almost four months. I havent really been able to find any one that I like im particular any other final reccomendations?

·
Registered
144 Posts
alienex said:
Just curious...where in So. Cal are you?

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
alienex said:
Cucamonga
Have you tried Orange Empire KC? I don't know any specifics, but I'm pretty sure they offer obedience classes, I think in Fontana, at their club house.

There used to be a decent "pet" obedience class at Coventry boarding kennel in Redlands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.