Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas for good chew toys? my 6 month old has now destroyed my couch and several pairs of shoes and i have had enough. we are always watching him, but twice he has gotten out of his Kennel and had some "free" time in the house for a few minutes that didn't end well. i know he is getting his teeth, but every toy we give him is destroyed or eaten in no time. please help!!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Frozen Kongs, Bully Sticks, and the Chilly Bone are my favorites.

Good Luck... aren't puppies fun? :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I like the Nylabones in there varying shapes, for teething puppies there are several options. Get the non edible medium or large dog sizes though.
http://www.nylabone.com/product-finder/by-product-type/just-for-puppies.php
http://www.nylabone.com/product-finder/by-product-type/non-edible-for-powerful-chewers.php

I also have the Orka Jack in large and it's amazing! It stands up to dober chewing without a dent and has spaces for peanut butter and fillers like kongs which are also a good choice, and both can be frozen as well for soothing effects during teething.
Petstages Orka Jack Chew Toy for Dogs at PETCO

Some of the tire products work too, but nothing thin, get an actual tire or some shape that is thicker or they can tear it.

I also like cuz and megalast toys, the gummie bear and solid ball with feet are nice and many members have them for their dogs.
JW Pet Megalast Gummi Bear Dog Toy at PETCO
JW Pet Good Cuz Hard Rubber Squeaky Dog Toy at PETCO

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
I agree with all of the above and also add Elk antlers. I would dole these out at different times of the day. You can rotate his toys too, so that each day he has something new to play with. Also...is your pup getting enough physical and mental stimulation? Make sure he is getting out for at least 2 walks, some off leash running~like playing fetch or Frisbee, a couple of short OB training sessions and maybe a outing in the car for some socialization. Bored Dobes can be very destructive. A tired Pup is a GOOD pup! Good luck, enjoy the last few fleeting moments of puppy-hood.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Bully Sticks! They are a life saver! Also antlers. Diesel loves to chew on antlers. It's really helped with teething

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Try Himalayan chews, mine loves them and bully sticks keep him busy for few hours.
I did buy mine a deer antler and he didn't care for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts