Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did put Gizmo to sleep today I hate to say it I'm releived it is over she had not been my little Gizmo girl for some time.I of course held her and petted her to very end. I put Jake the Bouvier's ashes with her they were together all of Jakes life. Then put 2 Yapple balls with her she use to love them so much she was a great little dog I will miss her something terrible but I think it was best for her she was just wasting away . When at the vets found out she had lost a pound which is allot for a little dog. The vet said she thought something else was going on with her she said her teeth just had some tarter on them they were not that bad not bad enough to keep her from eating. I guess I made the right desicion did not want her to starve. Thanks for all the kind words it is just something that is very hard to do .
Patches Mom

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am so sorry for you loss of Gizmo. It is never easy losing them, it is the hardest part of owning a dog. But Gizmo is now pain free and happy and healthy as can be in heaven where someday you will be reunited with her!! My prayers and thoughts are with you!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Sad news and it is a difficult time, but you have done the kindest thing you can do for Gizmo.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am very sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: Patches Mom

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Just always remember you gave Gizmo the greatest gift you could have ever given. She knows this gift was given with love and she loves you even more.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I feel for you - I'm very sorry.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. n/m

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I am really sorry to hear about Gizmo PM. I also think that you gave her the best gift that you could give her.....peace. I'm sure it is hard for you, but you will be in our prayers.

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
So sorry to hear about Gizmo.... You are in my thoughts today. When I put Bear and Thor down at just over 13 years of age the summer of 2004 (2 months apart - they were littermates) I was quite beside myself. Actually Bear was put down exactly 3 years ago today.:emo10: Those two chocolate labs brought a bunch of joy to my life; helping me through some very rough spots. But I found some comfort when I read the following book, "Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul." The two of them remain with me in spirit every day.... Hang in there. Tracy

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I am sorry for your loss patchesmom. It is never easy, the kindness and caring we devote to our guys til the end....it even reaches beyond that, I think. What a wonderful addition they make to our lives. Waiting at the bridge they all will be waiting for us to take them to their TRUE forever home.

My thoughts are with you.

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always such a difficult decision to make, but you did the very best for Gizmo. My condolences.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you one and all I sure hope their is a Rainbow Bridge so we can all meet out Fur Kids again. I think that has to be the reason dog spelled backward is a important clue to the Bridge being very true. Sorry if my statement may not make any sense do not wish to ofend anyone either.
Patches Mom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts