Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured that I would just ask? Does anyone else have an issue with very gassy puppies? Axel is crazy with his gas, he honestly farts everytime that he jumps up and down from the bed, and just randomly farts when walking past us. Its funny, but stinky. Just figured I'd ask if anyone else has this problem or has a solution?

Thanks.

=)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Generally when a dog is gassy, the food he is eating is not agreeing with him.

How old is he? Has he always had gas? What are his stools like? What food are you feeding him?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has always been gassy. Ever since I got him. He was on Neutro, but his stools were very loose when on Neurto, so we switched him to Blue Buffalo, and they are normal now.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I give my dogs some yogurt daily, the probiotics help with gas. We were laughing last night about being able to harness that gas, as Anna (who is nursing her week old litter) is very gassy at this time. With the price of gas, it would be nice! a green alternative.

Reactions: bean

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yogurt is a good suggestion. Try giving him a couple of tablespoons three or four times a week and see what happens. The greek yogurt is better if you can get it but just plain yogurt will do, don't get the flavored type.

If his is still gassy I would be inclined to change foods again. I had very good luck with Innova so I tend to recommend it.

Are you wanting him to be on a grain free or do you feed a food with grains? I'm can't remember if BB is grain free or not.

Innova has various foods with grain, Innova Red Meat is a good one or Evo is grainfree.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
His diet is grain free. He is on Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon, is the exact name of his food. Im wondering if he's so gassy due to the Samlon in it. (jk) I chose this food because of all the omega 3 fatty acids, that and the veggies, he love veggies!! We all know he has coat and skin issues and this food has helped and he loves the taste. I did give Axel some of the greek yogurt, mixed in with his food last night and he loved it!!! Still gassy tho, of course that isnt gonna change overnight though. And your right, we most def should harness all their gas, I know i could get pretty far on all of Axel's flatulants. =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts