Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
My ex-husband used to clear a room but not my dogs!! LOL Just playing....

Seriously others will chime in soon.

Welcome fro Florida .

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES!! Bentley puts his all into eating therefore tends to gobble air! He also gets the squeakers if I give him veggies. He loves to run up to me and let one rip. When he was a baby he floated an air biscuit and I giggled and called him my stinky squeaker and kissed him, hugged him, and played with him. So I basically unintentionallly taught him that it's a great thing to run up to me and bust one out. LOL

·
Super Moderator
21,117 Posts
What are you feeding? How old is your dog?

My two eat Proplan and don't have issues.

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
YES!! Bentley puts his all into eating therefore tends to gobble air! He also gets the squeakers if I give him veggies. He loves to run up to me and let one rip. When he was a baby he floated an air biscuit and I giggled and called him my stinky squeaker and kissed him, hugged him, and played with him. So I basically unintentionallly taught him that it's a great thing to run up to me and bust one out. LOL
I'm sorry here - But thanks for my morning laugh ! What a trick - Maybe next you can teach him - Pull his paw :grin2::grin2:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,725 Posts

Welcome to DT, Denise. With a Dobe named Bentley and your humorous terminology, I'm gonna take a guess that you're a transplanted Brit? Over on the Chicken Thread (The Girls Outside) many of us are fans of "Lost in the Pond" YouTube channel, poking fun at Brit vs. American culture. :2smile:

Reactions: LadyDi and ECIN

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,785 Posts
You watch Lost in the Pond, SD? I found him by accident and keep an eye on his videos; I had no idea anyone else here did. How did I miss the discussion?

I'm not sure you need to teach a dobe to let one rip, Denise—they are born sinners. It wasn't until I got my current cattle dog mix that I realized that dogs don't have to fart all of the time.

Seriously, though, most of my dobes have not had a serious problem with gas (it's only the people around them who mind.) Purina ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach seemed to keep the problem at bay.

·
joie de vivre
11,197 Posts
I've heard of some Dobermans being excessively gassy but, IME, it's usually a sign that the food isn't well tolerated or they're eating too fast and gulping a lot of air during meals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts