Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..Luke can clear a room...He eats Pro Plan shredded puppy chix n rice. Any suggestions?? I came home, opened the door and thought my goodnnesss!!! Where did you have an accident & I can't find it! NO Accidents, just GAS Peeewww! If anyone can give some advice. A friend told me try plain yogurt. Wondering if its the kibble or treats. No corn in any of them or wheat.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
My own personal theory - if I have to add supplements to fix something, then I'm going to try a different food and see if I can find one that suits the dog better :)

That being said, some dogs just "have gas" worse than others. But my first step would be to try different food(s).

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had Torque on the chicken and rice with the shredded pieces and I switched him off of it because his gas got so bad. I put him on TOTW and his gas went away, then they recalled the TOTW :( so now he is on Purina Pro Plan. Gas is back but not as bad.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I mix 1/4 cup of yogurt every day with my dog's food. It took about a month or six weeks but the gas is gone plus they love the yogurt.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can empathize! Arrow could wake you up from the deepest sleep! Absolutely no part of any egg could come near her. I could only feed her lamb and rice food and some treats. Anything else and we were gonners. Yogurt did help a little, but give that to my lab and it caused gas in a dog that didn't have any :p

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Digestive enzymes can often fix this. I like this product: Now Foods, Super Enzymes, 180 Capsules - iHerb.com. I sprinkle the contents of one capsule on each meal. IHerb has great prices and service... if you want a code to get a $5.00 discount on your first order, send me a message.

One of the most deadly dogs I ever had in class was made much less poisonous by adding Beano to her meals. It is a less wide-spectrum enzyme product. I haven't tried it personally, but it might be worth a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts