Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw told to start a new thread. So can anyone tell me. Do all pregnant dogs have bad gas? Or is it something I may be doing? Its horrible...

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because he says yes its normal but I wanna ask others opinions. And yes. That's Dazzle. Happens to be my very stinky bed bug.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. She's been on the same stuff since we got her. We did start adding the puppy formulated kibble in with her normal food about 3you weeks ago. Could that be it?

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Nope. She's been on the same stuff since we got her. We did start adding the puppy formulated kibble in with her normal food about 3you weeks ago. Could that be it?
Could be, Dobes are pretty notorious for having sensitive tummies, even little changes can set them off. What are you feeding her?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is on purena one chicken n rice. With the dryed chicken peices. And Purina puppy formulated kibble chicken flavor.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Purina One with the shredded chicken and rice caused my older, neutered male to have HORRENDOUS gas. Someone has told me that they changed the formula a bit when they added the shredded chicken in. I have no idea if that's true or not, but prior to that I fed it for 3 years with no gas. After the shredded chicken was added 2 of my dogs developed severe allergies and lost quite a bit of their coats too.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Gary, of Indiana Doberman Pack, should ask his "mentor" for you. That is something he needs to know so he can answer this question for all the byb he is going to start up with his pregnant "rescue" dog's puppies, along with the others he is going to breed to his 120 pound 2 yr old male that gets along fine with his brother. For now anyway.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. Im Tierd of the stupid ppl attack remarks. I asked a question of you ppl n some of u can get your beds out of ur hind ends for more than 2 min. To answer. Grow up is my response to you ppl. DAMIEN is at the vets now getting tests done. We greatly over estimated his weight by saying 120 LBS. as he is about 90 something. But the stupid ppl who won't grow up and see we r changing things around to make it better need to act like an adult. I have done nothing but come to you ppl for answers. Once again THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR.. IS IT NOT?.. good god ppl. Anyways Dobiewankanobi.. what did you do when this Happend? All the others eat it no problem

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Anyways Dobiewankanobi.. what did you do when this Happend? All the others eat it no problem
I wouldn't be surprised if he put his dog on a different food.

Check out this site. Search on this site the different foods you feed/have fed and pay attention not to the rating as much as WHY it's rated that way. When you click on a specific food it will show an ingredient list and then under that is an explanation as to why some ingredients in dog food isn't good.

Edit: Same site, just a different section.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Seriously???

You honestly believe we should help you in your byb puppy "project" as you call it? Exactly what health tests is your byb stud dog having? A vet listening to his heart, checking his ears and taking his temperature doesnt count.:)

·
joie de vivre
11,271 Posts
One food won't work for every Doberman. Something I don't like about a food that causes my girls to be gassy is that means their bodies are generating a lot of gas (duh, I know), and Dobes are prone to bloat, so I don't want them on a food that might not be the easiest or most comfortable for them to digest. I'm not a vet, so I don't know that there's a link, I'm just guessing that if bloat and torsion is caused by gas and particular food gives your dog a lot of gas, that's not a good thing.

Anyway, I honestly don't know what to tell you as I can't imagine in the middle of a pregnancy is a good time to be trying new foods. The dam needs all the nutrients she can get and you don't want to chance loose stools and upset stomach when she's pregnant.

My girls (they're spayed so I've never dealt with pregnancy nutrition) do differently on different foods. Tali's coat is dry and awful on TOTW but her stools are fine, Fiona's coat is dry and awful, her stools are awful, and she can't keep weight on TOTW. Fi did great on Innova when she would decide to eat it but she picked at it mostly and therefore it was hard to keep enough calories in her. They both do GREAT on Acana and Orijen products. But Acana and Orijen is too rich for a lot of other dogs and plenty of other dogs do wonderfully on TOTW products.

I would talk to your vet, whom your pregnant bitch should be seeing anyway, about how to handle her food if you're concerned enough and want to do something before she has her litter. Otherwise, I'd probably wait until she has the puppies and then slowly try to introduce a different food and see if it works better for her. I'd be really hesitant to change her nutrition right now while she's trying to feed herself and puppies.

I sincerely hope you guys spay those poor girls. God love 'em for being wonderful pets I'm sure, but Dazzle doesn't look any condition to be having puppies. Shouldn't a dam be the picture of health and vitality before draining her body with pregnancy and raising a litter?

I'm sorry, I'll try to offer what novice knowledge I have for the sake of your dogs but I don't have to keep my mouth shut about how disgusting your practices are. It's a sad day for any breeding dog when their 'breeder' has to come to an internet forum for answers to care for them.

There are some really experienced, knowledgeable breed people on this forum but there are some pretty loud and proud know-nothings on here too who are more than happy to tell you what to do. And your blasé attitude about breeding Dobermans is likely to keep the really knowledgeable and experienced breed people from helping you.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know y we have to keep saying this. Dazzle came to us pregnant. We do not believe in what you call an emergency spay. PRO LIFE HERE... and Dazzle is being spayed when the vet says she is good to go. No I don't think she should have been bred. But stupid ppl do stupid things. I plan on getting her into good health and she will live out the remainder of her days as a great bed bug. I was looking at her papers today and noticed her sire I think it was had testing done. And there is a dna number. How do I go about finding out for what the test was for n results.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I don't know y we have to keep saying this. Dazzle came to us pregnant. We do not believe in what you call an emergency spay. PRO LIFE HERE... and Dazzle is being spayed when the vet says she is good to go. No I don't think she should have been bred. But stupid ppl do stupid things. I plan on getting her into good health and she will live out the remainder of her days as a great bed bug. I was looking at her papers today and noticed her sire I think it was had testing done. And there is a dna number. How do I go about finding out for what the test was for n results.

The DNA # has nothing to do with any health testing it is required (I think - I have no experience breeding or registering dogs) by the AKC for dogs that have produced x amount of off spring. Hopefully you will actually spay your girl and sell all the pups with a spay neuter agreement indicating they will be spayed or neutered although I doubt it since you seem to be asking more for females and offering up papers.

just for anyone interested in the same quality pup a large rescue in the midwest charges 350.00 for puppies completely vetted including the spay or neuter, micro chip and all age appropriate vaccinations and wormings

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Ok. Im Tierd of the stupid ppl attack remarks. I asked a question of you ppl n some of u can get your beds out of ur hind ends for more than 2 min. To answer. Grow up is my response to you ppl. DAMIEN is at the vets now getting tests done. We greatly over estimated his weight by saying 120 LBS. as he is about 90 something. But the stupid ppl who won't grow up and see we r changing things around to make it better need to act like an adult. I have done nothing but come to you ppl for answers. Once again THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR.. IS IT NOT?.. good god ppl. Anyways Dobiewankanobi.. what did you do when this Happend? All the others eat it no problem

This site is to educate people on bettering the doberman breed not to condone or encourage the breeding of pet quality animals. It may be worth your time to read this

and just curious did you advertise your boy at stud at 120 #'s how on earth do you over estimate his weight by that much? I thought my boy was 80-85 pounds and was shocked to find out he is really 91.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I was looking at her papers today and noticed her sire I think it was had testing done. And there is a dna number. How do I go about finding out for what the test was for n results.
Google "OFA Database" and type all or part of her sire's name into the search box.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We do not sell our females for more. Yes we offer papers with limited reg. Anyways. Thankyou to everyone who answers my questions. Much appropriated..

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
So how did all Damiens health tests turn out?:)

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
We do not sell our females for more. Yes we offer papers with limited reg. Anyways. Thankyou to everyone who answers my questions. Much appropriated..

We have a new litter of AKC doberman puppies!4 Black and tan males, 3 black and tan females, and one Red Rust male. Prices range from $550 to $650.

What is the deciding factor whether they are 550 or 650 if it's not gender?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts