Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a question about garlic. I know my mom used to use it with our old dog when i was younger and it helped with the fleas.. Also i noctice that you (tracyjo) That you used garlic pills.. Now heres the question.. Would Garlic Power work the same? you know the stuff you get at the grocrie store when you are to cheap to by the whole clove :3dbiggrin LOL.. just wondering. cause i have tons of the powder.. and my mum in law braught her two dogs down and they have fleas.. and i have never had a flea on my dogs since ive had them.. Now the transfer of fleas is happening.. and im not so cool with that..
So any help would be great if you know anything about the garlic.
Jamie.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I'm not sure if that would work the same since its a spice...I know that if my girl eats any food with spices on it, it really upsets her system and we have very loose stools for a while. I use the Brewer's Yeast & Garlic tablets. They are really cheap from a pet store.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Maybe this will help, garlic powder is made from dehydrated garlic flakes. 1 garlic clove = 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. wow pretty powerful stuff eh ?
I can't see why you could not use it, especially since you have lots of it. ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, Well i can try it out.. if it gives my guys the you know whats.. then ill check out those tablets. Thanks a bunch.
Jamie.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read on a web site that, if you give big dog 1/2 teaspoon on there food a day its ok.. and they were saying the garlic powder.. so ill try it. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts