Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help_up_2

Bruno LOVES to get into the garbage and it's DRIVING me insane lol. He never ever did this when he was younger. It wasn't until just a few weeks ago. Well, I guess a little over 2 months. Before we moved into the house. He DIGS through the garbage. He also loves to attack the bathroom garbage.

I'm going soooo insane with it lol. Is there anyway to get him to stop? I mean other then saying "NO" every time? lol.

Also, he seems to eat our shoes. But only when we aren't home. I'm assuming this is normal? I mean, he can't be the only one that does it. But we've gone through WAY to many shoes. You would think by NOW we'd learn to lock the shoes up before we leave LMAO. But when we're in a rush, who thinks of that? ;)

I guess he's just a puppy and this is what puppys do. But he's gonna send his momma to the looney bin soon if he doesn't stop ;)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Waddya mean garbage!! they are black plastic food bags to a dobe,as for shoes don't you know that all dogs are on a mission to destroy all human footwear,i think Mischa has won a medal already for her kills so far.

·
Registered
986 Posts
He waits until you're gone to eat the shoes? Wow, Oscar flies by me 10 times a day with a shoe in his mouth. He wants me to chase him. Same with stealing any one item he can grab quick out of the trash can. His toy box is a clothes hamper with a flip-up lid...note to self...next time, don't buy a trash can with the same type of lid!

BTW, Oscar's toy box contains a number of orphaned shoes. Apparently however, they are not as much fun to steal as the ones you just took off.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Cole was THE worst offender at stealing trash. I couldn't walk out of the room without hearing the lid on the trash being flipped open. He was obsessed with it and I found myself picking it up several times a day.

Since it is self gratifying, the only thing to really stop it is to buy one of those foot pedal cans and hope they don't learn to open it, or just keep the can in a cabinet under the sink somewhere.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Maybe put it in your lower kitchen cabinets?

Dogs love shoes and worn socks because they smell like his/her favorite people!!!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
Since it is self gratifying, the only thing to really stop it is to buy one of those foot pedal cans and hope they don't learn to open it, or just keep the can in a cabinet under the sink somewhere.
Harmony learned to open the foot pedal cans quickly. I have to put mine under the sink with child safety locks. They know how to open cabinets also and where it is stored. Too smart for their own good.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Mine were garbage stealers too so I ended up putting mine in the laundry room which is right off the kitchen, most of the time I close the door but I also put the garbage can behind a plastic container and the clothes baskets so they can't reach it anymore if I do happen to leave the door open. I have the foot pedal type in my bedroom next to the computer and so far they haven't learned to open it, but it only takes one time LOL. They don't forget anything!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I swear Chi is half goat! To combat shoe eating and garbage raids, we have the garbage can in the pantry behind a closed door that we've recently had to put a hook&eye lock on (not sure what we'll do next week when she figures out how to unlock that!) and all shoes are kept safely shut up in the hall closet. Although she's been getting more and more freedom (ie. left out of her crate at night and when we're gone) if the house is a little messy when I can't really keep an eye on her, she's in her crate.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Mensa eats so much garbage I'll bet if I go back far enough I can trace her pedigree to the East German Red Army Department Of Sanitation.

Baroness Trashund von Hindenberg

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
There are some battles that just aren't worth fighting. My garbage can is kept in the pantry-much better for my mental health.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank god Copper does not have an infatuation with the garbage. She has had her nose in there a couple of times but just walks away from it. Her thing right now is nightstands and end tables...this afternoon she took my glasses while I was in the shower..no damage thankfully! Another favorite is remote controls...loves to just carry those around the house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts