Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buyers Beware -- Whited K-9 Kennel, Kent, OH -- My 41 mo old just took her last breath due to DCM. I had alerted owner at WK9K so he could inform my girls littermates as I was told 2-3 of them run this same risk. He emailed me he would call me several times but never once returned my call. Said he was cking into it. Also, I found out my girls sire is no longer (from what I do not know) -- RED flag!! Thinking I am doing the right thing so at least the littermates can be holter monitored/checked in advance to extend their life. I sure would have given anything to know in advance to CHF. I think if he were a reputable breeder he would have given me the time of day like he did when he pocketed my $ 2500. 3 yrs ago.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I am so very sorry, CHF is a terrible way to die, and I know this is a hard time for you.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge how bad Bill Whited is, but I guess he is still in business, so apparently the word isn't out there enough.

I am sorry you and your dog had to pay, due to unethical breeding practices.

Reactions: Q734 and bubsy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah what did I know the novice dobbie first time buyer and he sucked me right in. Did not know this site existed back then and was not as computer savvy either. But, there's a NEW girl in town now & I'm putting it out there again. BACK OFF FROM Bill Whited WHITED K-9 SERVICES -- He is so untrustworthy!!!! unethical practices abound!!!

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. It's criminal this is so pervasive in our breed and at such young ages. Disgusting.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Sadly there are alot of less than stellar breeders in our tristate area. If you need any help please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to help you find your next baby. You can even hit a few shows with us if you would like. There are some coming up here soon.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss but your statement is incredibly rude and inaccurate.

Whited kennels supplies dogs for law enforcement across the country. We got our dog from him as have several friends of ours outside of law enforcement. He is a kind man and absolutely loves what he does, it is reflected in the dogs he produces.

He is located in Tallmadge Ohio, not Kent. Our doberman is happy, healthy, and beautiful. Bill has bent over backwards to help with anything we have needed or asked for advice on, from health care tips to training. This post is remarkably rude and grossly offbase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts