Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After much thought and deliberation my wife and I have decided to add a second dog to our family. After considering several breeds, we decided that a Doberman would best fit the traits we are most looking for in a new family member. We are not looking for a show dog or a dog to breed. A family companion only. Also looking for a male, preferably in black.

We have contacted/attempted to contact dozens of breeders in our region with little success. Most would not even return emails or phone calls. I am looking for a breeder that I can count on, not one who just wants my money. Some breeders will email but refuse to answer their phones or return calls. After exhausting most of the breeders in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming, and Nevada we have decided to start looking at breeders in other areas.

We are open to shipping a dog from the right breeder. We are hoping that the members here could point me towards a reputable breeder that is will have puppies for sale soon. Thanks for your time and help.

-Chris and Casey

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome and good luck in your search.

One thing that you should keep in mind is that breeders are BUSY! Reputable breeders tend not to breed as a source of money. Therefore they have a full time job, their dogs to take care of, sometimes many puppies, and on the weekends they show. It took me MONTHS and many tried to get in contact with my breeder but I've never regretted picking her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts