Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
T-rex
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. My puppy, Kiki, looses fur off her ears every time that her ear wraps get changed. The tape pulls her fur off. the vet said that it is fine and that the fur will grow back once the ears stand without posting. I haven't seen any other puppies with naked ears. Any one else have problems with the fur getting pulled off with re-posting?

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
I used Unisolve adhesive remover, it will help lessen the amount of fur being ripped off.
Try it! :D

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Baby oil should help too, now that I think about it. That's what I used to get the breath-rite strips off.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Use something like GooGone (Adhesive remover) on the tape. It literally makes the tape peel off almost without pulling on the hairs. Just follow up with a good cleaning to remove it all.

Edit: OOps, like they said too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wrap with paper tape first. Then wrap over that with coach's tape. When changing the posts, the coach's tape comes right off of the paper tape, then I unwrap the paper tape. Raz hasn't lost any hair at all using this method.

Here is a link to a video showing this method:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
The adhesive remover is mandatory.

I had a small piece of ear actually come off because our gal smacked her ears so bad in her crate. It came off with the tape and I cried for days. Went right back to the breeder and he said it would be fine.

It was, it grew hair and when she grew up it wasn't noticeable at all.

Just go slowly removing and get help if you need to.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I powder the ears with baby powder before posting. This helps keep the hair on the ear.

Reactions: Nubis'sDad
1 - 9 of 9 Posts