Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday night before we went to obedience Jasmine locked me out of my basement apartment. There is an inside door (to my apartment) and a outside door. I closed the inside door just over half way and walked up to get my mail. I heard the door slam but thought nothing of it. I came back down and tried the handle and to my dismay it was locked:eek2: I could hear her running around having a merry old time lol and me on the other side starting to get a little alarmed. So I went outside and looked in the kitchen window and there she was throwing her leashes around and then into the kitchen for a little counter surfing!! :help_up_2 Anyway's I crawled in a bedroom window in the pouring rain and thank god it was open, although I had to rip the screen. I guess when she jumped up on the door she must have turned the lock on the handle on her way down. I'm just glad she did not get into anything that could have hurt her or started chewing on electrical cords or whatever. That won't be happening again!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Accidently! Yeah right. She knew what she was doing. Lock mom out and have a hayday! I am sorry Okie. I had to laugh at the throwing the leashes around part. I pictured a two year old running excitedly. I could just see it. I know it was too scary for you. I am glad nothing happened.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I told you to send her to me!!then she could have locked me out and had a party with the rest of the girls 5 dobiegirls wrecking the house,Hmmmm on second thoughts maybe i might send THEM to YOU.:):):):):)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was funny when I peered in the window, it's like she was saying...Well all right my Mom's gone out, let the party begin!!! LOL. But then reality kicked in and I realized I better get in there somehow!

O.k. Brum send them all over....I'm waiting!

·
Registered
437 Posts
LOL bet that was scary at the time but really funny after!! Jasmine probably couldn't believe her luck!! We've done the same thing, both gone outside thinking that the other one has the keys!! I knew there was a reason for teaching Abbie to fetch my keys, we just peered through the letterbox and told her to fetch the keys and she did!! We have to hide them now though, don't want her letting the burglars in!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have to mimmick everyone else....Sorry you got scared, but HAHAHAHAHA, that is hilarious!

LUCKY FOR YOU SHE DIDN'T RUN INTO THE BEDROOM AND LOCK THE WINDOW!! lolololol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
hahaha awwww! these dogs sure are smart :) she wasnt throwing her self a party! she was panicing and trying to find ANYTHING that could help her mom out!!! If you ask me Leashes are a great idea...and who knows what useful thing youd find on a counter!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Acooper said:
LUCKY FOR YOU SHE DIDN'T RUN INTO THE BEDROOM AND LOCK THE WINDOW!! lolololol

Haha!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
LapDog said:
she was panicing and trying to find ANYTHING that could help her mom out!!!!
It appears to me that she had already helped her mom "out" so I think she was partying as fast and furious as she could. :punk:

and okie, I have to agree with everyone else, sorry to laugh but HAHAHA! It is funny but it is also scary when it is actually happening, I know, something similiar happened to me with Da'Kari. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
That is too funny - what are the chances that she'd actually get the door to lock? Isabelle can get the sliding patio door open on occasion and she will close doors in the house but you have to be in the room. :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yeah I would have to say that was no accident. Glad you didnt have to call for help to get in the house. It is one thing to get laughed at by a bunch of dobie lovers it is an entirely different thing to get laughed at by the locksmith.
Glad it turned out ok. :)

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I had to laugh. I can just picture your girl! "What can I get into next"

I am sure this has happend to others, I put my guys in the bedroom when workers were over. We have the simple push lock and of course Riggs and his nose locked it. I have no key and sat for 10 min with a paper clip make shift "key" in a panic with him crying on the other side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts