Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had never heard of this kibble before... Company has been around since 1904 and operated here in wisconsin. Only carried at specialty pet stores and has a mac daddy ingredient list with an average price tag. Seems really good, was wondering if any of our users currently feed they're dobies this kibble ot at least have tried it. My 7 1/2 month old is currently on solid gold wolf king and it has worked well for him. I feel that he is starting to get bored with his food and would like to try something different.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Dreizehn was on Fromms dry kibble up until about a month ago. He always did great on it, nice coat, not too terrible gas, etc - I love the stuff

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Products / Four-Star / Dog / Dry Four-Star Gourmet Dry Recipes for dogs - Fromm Family Foods
Variety driven gourmet entrées prepared with fresh meat, fish, fruit, and vegetables.
Interchangeable recipes
Because each recipe has a similar blend of fresh fruit and vegetables, it is encouraged to switch between Four-Star varieties as often as you would like. You can even mix recipes for a meal that is totally unique!
Fresh is always better
Each recipe starts with only the freshest choicest meat or fish. We then add an unmatched combination of fresh produce, including sweet potatoes, broccoli, alfalfa sprouts, carrots, apples, blueberries, and cranberries.
How fresh is Fromm fresh?
We schedule our production around the delivery of our fresh ingredients. If fresh Alaskan wild-salmon is to be delivered to our plant on a Monday morning, we will use that morning to produce our salmon-based products like Salmon À La Veg and Surf & Turf.
Minimal processing
In lieu of baking, which can damage nutrients with high temperatures; we use a low-temperature, high-moisture extrusion process that assures that all starch is thoroughly cooked, and that no damage occurs to the proteins.
Safety is paramount
Our recipes contain only USDA-inspected ingredients. We prepare our dry recipes at our own USDA-inspected plant in Wisconsin. Every delivery of raw ingredients is thoroughly inspected by our team of quality control experts.
From our family to yours
Each recipe is prepared in small batches at our own family run plant in Wisconsin. We oversee every aspect of production from start to finish ensuring each step measures up to our standards.
All Life Stages
Fromm Four-Star is complete and balanced for dogs of all life stages. Puppies, adults, seniors, you name it. Just adjust feeding as neccessary. For example, if your dog is trying to lose weight try a leaner entrée like Whitefish & Potato.
What's missing?
Our recipes are wheat free, corn free, and by-product free.
Our meat and fish are free of any hormones or medications.
Our products contain no artificial or industrial preservatives.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've fed it to Chase ....he just doesn't really do well on any kibble. My mom's dogs eat it and are doing very well. I know several people who feed it and are very happy.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,619 Posts
Before I switched to raw, Coco was on Fromm's pink bag. I can't remember what it was because it was 2 years ago. I believe it had duck in it. She loved it but she had the most horrible, room clearing gas and always runny stools. She was very skinny. It seemed too rich for her and she was not processing it. For the last 2 years she has been on raw and doing great. :butfly:

Reactions: Beaumont67
1 - 5 of 5 Posts