Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
doberman
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just come across this site so i thought i would join up..

my name is kane i liv in england im 22..

i finally got my doberman bitch she is a house dog...
my girlfriend didnt want me to get one as she was stero type about the way they are..

but now she is very happy with how iv got the doberman now..

she is just coming up to 21 weeks old..

few questions i have just to make suer im doing things right

i walk her for about 3min then i run with her for about 10min slow down to a walk for another 5min round about this time i can see my house so we sprint...

i feed her 3 times aday times round about... 9ish then 2ish then last one about 7.30...

i play with her most of the day but i lie the ruels down with her around my two boys..

hope all made sence i was using my phone and now and again i hit the wrong button lol

thanks kane

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

Hugz to Jessie!

sounds like you are doing a great job with her!

we love pictures here on DT.hint..hint. :)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Welcome from Kansas City. Yes, please post some photos.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome from TX!

The only advice I have to give is to cut down a little on the forced running (the sprinting/jogging with you on the leash). It's suggested to hold off on that sort of exercise until about 18ish months when their growth plates are done forming. Still, it sounds like you're doing a great job.

·
doberman
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will get some pics up..

thanks for the warm welcome..

as for running with her i dont walk her on a lead she stays by my side and if she stops running i will stop with her..

i will ease off with the running then and just do a light jog from when we normally sprint..

many thanks

·
doberman
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
she is my best mate...

my girl friend is not a big fan of dogs never has been but i was brought up with them..

this day i was out and there was a nock at the door and my girl friend went and opend the door to find my mate as he steped in the door jessie was stright over by her side grawling at him...

she was very pleased with her and so was i when i found out...

·
doberman
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a cute pup!!
thanks...

when i got her there was 6 to pick from 4 dogs 2 bitch's...

when i left my house to travel 228 mile i was thinking all the way there i want a bitch.. as soon as i walked frew the door and seen all 6 they were running round like mad but this one she come to me and sat down so i picked her... well she picked me realy i gess..

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Cute pictures! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to DT from New Zealand.

Reactions: -kane-
1 - 20 of 28 Posts