Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...nice to meet you all. My little bundle of dobie joy is Oscar, soon to be 5 months old. We're planting a spring garden this week, but with SOMEONE's big feet and fondness for eating tomatoes/soil mix/plant containers/strawberries, I have the sneaky suspicion no actual vegetable of any kind or nature whatsoever will ever make it into the house. But what the heck...we're bonding...

--Sooz

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome!! I'm sure those big feet will manage to track some dirt into the house though :) Would love to see pics!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Oh to be gardening!! We also love to garden but must wait till April here in Missouri. As for the Tomatoes! Hee Hee LOL
We plant one grape tomatoe plant just for the dogs now.. the last one grew up the side of a wall onto the patio about 6' up.. Well, I kept wondering why I would have green toms but no ripe one.. Till one day I saw the dogs sticking their head through the railings to get the ripe tomatoes off the vine..
Dobes will be Dobes.. Welcome again and can't wait to hear more about your Doberman baby.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I know what you mean. We planted a few things around the yard. I can't tell you how many times we turned our back and Gracie would run over to us with the plant hanging out of her mouth. The whole plant not just a peice of it. We learned quickly that in order to plant anything she needs to stay inside until we were done doing all the planting. Gotta love these dogs. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome sooz. I know what you mean I planted Roma tomato plant and made the mistake of sharing one at the plant and they started taking them off the plant even the green ones.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hello Sooz and welcome.

Princi and Naveen

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi sooz and welcome to doberman talk from the

I totally sympathize with you on the garden thing, the black and rust varmint in the picture above arrived four weeks after i had just laid down new turf in a small section of backyard,then she decided it would look better INSIDEthe conservatory!!!!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hi Sooz.
I have yet to find a single type of fruit or vegetable the dogs won't eat. These guys even eat Habernero peppers. They think nothing of yanking up an entire zuchini plant and dragging it into the garage to eat it. This year I gave Mavis an iceberg radish, she chewed all the skin off it as fast as she could, spitting it out, until she realized the inside tasted just as bad as the "husk". Their favorite are avocados.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
A belated, but very sincere WELCOME!! Enjoy the site! Stop by our Town Hall and feel free to add in your experiences!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts