Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a "tough" frisbee? Widders LOVES chasing her frisbees but I've yet to find one that will stand up to her teeth! We usually get a few days out of one before it's time to replace it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
I use Nylabones frisbees. They last forever. I don't like the one with the bone on it though. They don't fly as well.
I second this. I do have one with the bone on it just because that's all I could find, but they do seem to last forever!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
We've tried many a frisbee and I like the original Frisbee brand frisbee's the best. I haven't tried the nylabone though. I like the original because it's softer and even if it gets a bit chewed and worn it's not so rough. Some of the other brands ended up cutting up her mouth after they got a few teeth marks on them. They don't last too long, maybe a couple weeks but they're cheap enough that we can keep several around and then replace them as we need to. Also, I don't let her play with them all the time, I keep them put up and only bring them out when we're going out for a game.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The one I had was flimsy, so it doesn't tear there mouth at all, but they can sure whip ya good with it LOL. My two ended up destroying because they played tug with it and it eventually gave but until they did that it held up great. I may just try the nyla bone one next, but I have a feeling Nash will check the heck out of it cause he loves the nyla bone chews, Da'Kari doesn't care much for them.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
We use the Soft Bite Floppy Disks. They last a bit but are not indestructable. We have about four of them and just switch them out to make them last longer. Plus they get all sloppy from somebody's slobber.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Kratty? YOU slobber on Nikki's frisbee's?? Don't let brum hear about it, he is itching to come rescue that gorgeous girl already!!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh how I wish I could get Spirit to play with a frisbee. He loves to play catch and will chase a ball forever but he just won't go after a frisbee..

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I also love those Nylabone gummy frisbees... although Ilsa's two (red and green) have finally died after three years of hard use.

I also like Old Navy's frisbees...they aren't as tough, but theyre very cheap!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
DaKari said:
Kratty? YOU slobber on Nikki's frisbee's?? Don't let brum hear about it, he is itching to come rescue that gorgeous girl already!!
LOL, Yes, the cats out of the bag....I tend to slobber on toys...Doesn't everyone?

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Kratty said:
LOL, Yes, the cats out of the bag....I tend to slobber on toys...Doesn't everyone?
It's just a small problem Kratty has,but he is taking pills for it along with the other medication!!!:help_up_2 :help_up_2 :emo8: :largegr: :emo11:

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
brumwolf said:
It's just a small problem Kratty has,but he is taking pills for it along with the other medication!!!:help_up_2 :help_up_2 :emo8: :largegr: :emo11:
Just to set the record straight, I am not on medication for slobbering on toys. It my Court Required Medication that is causing the slobbering., but the judge is assuring me that aslong as I stay on it, I will be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts