Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone on this website live in (SW) London, England and want a free doberman, he is 4 years old and very loving. But pulls on the lead - very strong mint condition health. and cant be let off the lead because he wont come back and will try to dominate other similar size dogs. He will eat anything, loves a big ol marrow bone and loves cuddles, will push for them. natural ears and docked tail, very handsome and stature handsome too, loverly strong loud bark - but understands command to stop and doesnt bark at night, but good deterant. He has to go and soon because I am allergic to his saliva and danda (my brother brought him as a puppy from a breader) and my allergy is getting worse, im finding I cant keep anything hair/saliva free to stop itching my eyeballs out and whising. (have tried antihistamine in me and petal stuff on the dog) He chases foxes and cats. We dont have young children - but I think he would try to pinch their toast and knock um over running around in play. He still has his wedding tackle. My number is 07946 618 644 if you think you can help asap. (please dont call beyond June 2012)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone on this website live in (SW) London, England and want a free doberman, he is 4 years old and very loving. But pulls on the lead - very strong mint condition health. and cant be let off the lead because he wont come back and will try to dominate other similar size dogs. He will eat anything, loves a big ol marrow bone and loves cuddles, will push for them. natural ears and docked tail, very handsome and stature handsome too, loverly strong loud bark - but understands command to stop and doesnt bark at night, but good deterant. He has to go and soon because I am allergic to his saliva and danda (my brother brought him as a puppy from a breader) and my allergy is getting worse, im finding I cant keep anything hair/saliva free to stop itching my eyeballs out and whising. (have tried antihistamine in me and petal stuff on the dog) He chases foxes and cats. We dont have young children - but I think he would try to pinch their toast and knock um over running around in play. He still has his wedding tackle. My number is 07946 618 644 if you think you can help asap. (please dont call beyond June 2012)
I am sorry to hear you are parting with your dobermann. HAve you not got an agreement with the breeder as they do have a commitment to the dog for its lifetime. I can recommend Home: | Seedc and also Dobermann Rehoming UK Doberman Rescue & Care - Members Club Show Forum & Gallery of Pictures I am sure they will be of help they will homecheck any potential new owners.
Regards Lorraine Strong

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Please don't send him to anyone with his, er, "wedding tackle" intact, esp. to anyone who calls themselves a breeder.

Do him a favor and get him neutered, prior to placing him, much safer and much more responsible.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Please don't send him to anyone with his, er, "wedding tackle" intact, esp. to anyone who calls themselves a breeder.

Do him a favor and get him neutered, prior to placing him, much safer and much more responsible.
RFR, if that was a dig at me then shame on you.

My offer was to help the dog out and place in a responsible home, I work along side with various Dobie rescues and my only foster fail so far is a spayed bitch.. which is not much use to a breeder. My current foster is due out on the 17th where she is going to her home checked forever home.

I have a bitch in season at the moment and by the 17th she will be out and no longer a "problem" to an intact male, that said.. my local vets do subsidized neutering/spaying for me for dogs in on a rehome/rescue basis.. so even with me the plums would say bye bye.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts

My offer was to help the dog out and place in a responsible home, I work along side with various Dobie rescues and my only foster fail so far is a spayed bitch.. which is not much use to a breeder. My current foster is due out on the 17th where she is going to her home checked forever home.

I have a bitch in season at the moment and by the 17th she will be out and no longer a "problem" to an intact male, that said.. my local vets do subsidized neutering/spaying for me for dogs in on a rehome/rescue basis.. so even with me the plums would say bye bye.
Could we for once ditch the paranoia and keep a thread on track, rather than you attempting another Georgie-fest?

'K, thanx.

OP, once again, urging you to neuter your boy prior to doing anything else with him--it's the responsible thing to do.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts

Steady on, I am sure RFR was not having a dig at you in the least.

It is so sad that this poor dog is having to be rehomed.

Please OP work with a reputable rescue in trying to find him a new home, do not just simply give him to the first person who talks the talk but who unfortunately may not be able to walk the walk when it comes to owning a Dobe.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Have spoken to Chris at Dobe rehome they are full and have no space at the moment.

If there is a rescue up the country i am heading up to Stafford next weekend so can relay up there if need be.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Dog has already gone :(
Yeah, that is usually the way it goes.

Once someone is "done" with their dog, it's hugely time-sensitive as the dog is then in jeopardy of "first come, first served."

I hope that's not what happened, and there was some actual thought and screening put into it, but.

Reactions: Amelia_

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have managed to text with this lady, She still has him, a number of people are interested in him but hes still with his owners. Should hopefully be speaking to her tomorrow and going to help her if i can. I have got a foster home lined up if its needed but I cant have another dog here at the moment, not till Candy leaves.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Here's wishing the boy is helped to find a good loving forever home.

I could not ever envisage getting rid of any one of my dogs. They are my babies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts