Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi DT just wanted to post some pictures of my little boy Tank. He just turned 5 months old and weighs 41 lbs. He loves his family and is very protective of my little girl, so watch out boys mind your manners with my baby lol...... The other dog is my Bubba he's 14 and is a German Shepherd/Chow mix. He may be old but acts like a puppy when playing with tank. Finally my little princess Ava. :):):)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Great photos of the entire family...your girl has knockout looks to.
First pic. with Tank in the toddler car, was priceless...very nice he is protective, of loved ones.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Cute pics--your old dog looks really smiley and sweet :)

Reactions: tthirkill

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Beautiful dober boy, I swear my dog probably looked just like that when he was a puppy. (Sadly we'll never know!)

Please search this forum on male to male aggression in the breed. It usually does not happen until the doberman reaches maturity around 16 months, but when it does, it gets nasty.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Beautiful dober boy, I swear my dog probably looked just like that when he was a puppy. (Sadly we'll never know!)

Please search this forum on male to male aggression in the breed. It usually does not happen until the doberman reaches maturity around 16 months, but when it does, it gets nasty.
They mentioned their older male is 14, and this is a new pup.

I seriously doubt the pup's maturity level (probably at age two to three years) is going to overlap much, if at all, with the old dog's lifespan. <--sorry, OP, I know that's very sad to think about, and hate to mention it, just did so for the purposes of the topic of male/male aggression.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts

I seriously doubt the pup's maturity level (probably at age two to three years) is going to overlap much, if at all, with the old dog's lifespan. <--sorry, OP, I know that's very sad to think about, and hate to mention it, just did so for the purposes of the topic of male/male aggression.
Great point!! I completely skipped over the 14 part :)

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Cute pics.

Your old guy does look like a teddy bear!

Reactions: tthirkill

·
Registered
43 Posts
lifespan of chow mixes

Umm don't count on it. Chow mixes are some of the oldest lived dogs out there, regularly getting to 18+ years!

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Umm don't count on it. Chow mixes are some of the oldest lived dogs out there, regularly getting to 18+ years!
You joined this forum in Feb, but are finally motivated to post, solely to drop that pearl of wisdom? :roflmao:

Reactions: Asmit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya unfortunatly my Bubba is not doing well. he has bad hips and is going blind :( The vet has him on pain meds and she said playing with tank helps a lot. Im dreading this up coming winter, It gets pretty dang cold here in Utah in winter and the cold really does a number on his joints even though he inside all the time.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Thanks for the great pictures.
How wonderful that beautiful little Ava has two dogs in her life. I'm sure it will be such a joy watching her grow up with Frank and Bubba. I see she has learned to share her toys already.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts